Changing Broadband Supplier

Old January 31st 04, 12:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John F Kappler

Default Changing Broadband Supplier

I want to change Broadband supplier when my current contract comes up
for renewal, but I cant afford any siginifcant interruption in
service.

I've heard horror stories of being off broadband for up to 3 weeks
while the process is carried out.

Is this true or is there a good process.

Needless to say, I'm going from BT, but would rather not say (yet) who
to!

TIA,

JohnK
Old January 31st 04, 02:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John F Kappler

Oh alright then.... ;-)

It will probably be Nildram, but want to go from BT's 500 to their
dsl2000 service.

Haven't talked to Nildram about it yet.

JK
Old January 31st 04, 05:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John F Kappler

Thanks for that. One last question....

How do I tell the difference between Datstream and IP Stream in what
I've already got?

All BT tells me is the package: "Business 500 Plug and Go" plus
"Internet Business Pack" (for static IP address).

TIA,

JK

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 15:52:47 +0000, Phil Thompson
wrote:

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004 14:44:39 +0000 (UTC), (John F
Kappler) wrote:

Haven't talked to Nildram about it yet.

best start I think. Nildram do migrations, however DSL2000 may be
Datastream in some places or the Office product IPStream2000 in others
which makes a "cease and reprovide" more likely.

Have a look at
http://bbs.adslguide.org.uk/postlist...&Board=nildram

search for 'migration'

Phil

Old January 31st 04, 07:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian McIntosh

Old February 1st 04, 10:53 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ROS

"John F Kappler" wrote in message
I want to change Broadband supplier when my current contract comes up
for renewal, but I cant afford any siginifcant interruption in
service.

I've heard horror stories of being off broadband for up to 3 weeks
while the process is carried out.

Is this true or is there a good process.

Needless to say, I'm going from BT, but would rather not say (yet) who
to!

TIA,

JohnK

3 weeks is a p-take.

I work for an ISP and its a turn around of 5 days for the cease and 5 days
for the reprovide.

ROS

Old February 1st 04, 06:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MikeB

John, I also believe you can only migrate like for like products. So you
could migrate to Nildram's equivalent 500 20:1 service. Once there though,
you should be able to regrade to a 2Mb product. Note that Nildram currently
have "free regrades" offers on, so there shouldn't be any extra charges. I'd
advise you ring Nildram sales 0800 1971500 to confirm latest options.
I can only recommend them as a reliable ISP.

PS: When I migrated to nildram from BTO, 18 months ago, the changeover
appeared seamless because it happened while I was at work one day. Came home
and just put my new login details into my router.

Mike

news

Old February 2nd 04, 12:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John F Kappler

Many thanks for all your replies - It all seems clearer now!

JohnK