Demon problems with Belkin ADSL wireless router F5D7630

Old January 31st 04, 12:20 PM posted to uk.comp.sys.mac,uk.telecom.broadband
D.M. Procida

Default Demon problems with Belkin ADSL wireless router F5D7630

I supplied one of these to a client. Unfortunately, though initially it
seemed to work well, he is now reporting some very specific problems
with it. When he tries to use it:

logging on to Hotmail
to place a bid on eBay
with Software Update
posting to a certain web forum (reading it is fine)

it won't work. For example, the web browser will report that it can't
receive any data, or Software Update will consistently get some of the
way but not all.

It *seems* that only that particular connection fails (I'm asking the
client to confirm this) and not all access to the Internet. Rebooting
the router will solve the problem for a bit, but it will then return.

The problems occur on both wired and wireless clients.

The client is using Demon ADSL in London.

He previously changed the router's MTU to 1430 from 1450, and thought it
had fixed the problem, but it returned.

Any suggestions, or experiences with this device?

Thanks,

Daniele
--
Apple Juice Ltd
Chapter Arts Centre
Old January 31st 04, 12:23 PM posted to uk.comp.sys.mac,uk.telecom.broadband
Bonge Boo!

On 31/1/04 12:20, in article
, "D.M.
Procida" wrote:

It *seems* that only that particular connection fails (I'm asking the
client to confirm this) and not all access to the Internet. Rebooting
the router will solve the problem for a bit, but it will then return.

Sounds like the problem I had with my Netgear router; related to new
equipment BT put in the exchange. Solution was to swop router.

Old January 31st 04, 01:22 PM posted to uk.comp.sys.mac,uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"D.M. Procida" wrote in
message
I supplied one of these to a client. Unfortunately, though initially it
seemed to work well, he is now reporting some very specific problems
with it. When he tries to use it:

logging on to Hotmail
to place a bid on eBay
with Software Update
posting to a certain web forum (reading it is fine)

it won't work. For example, the web browser will report that it can't
receive any data, or Software Update will consistently get some of the
way but not all.

(snipped)

Any suggestions, or experiences with this device?

You are describing a common problem with the F5D7630.

Its resolved by updating the firmware on the device - available from
Belkin's web site (http://makeashorterlink.com/?Z11321147)

Regards
Sunil

Old January 31st 04, 01:33 PM posted to uk.comp.sys.mac,uk.telecom.broadband
D.M. Procida

Sunil Sood wrote:

You are describing a common problem with the F5D7630.

Its resolved by updating the firmware on the device - available from
Belkin's web site (http://makeashorterlink.com/?Z11321147)

Thanks, we'll try that.

Daniele
Old February 1st 04, 07:35 PM posted to uk.comp.sys.mac,uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Ceresole

In article ,
"Sunil Sood" wrote:

Its resolved by updating the firmware on the device - available from
Belkin's web site (http://makeashorterlink.com/?Z11321147)

This seems to have worked.

Thanks.

--
Peter
Old February 1st 04, 07:53 PM posted to uk.comp.sys.mac,uk.telecom.broadband
D.M. Procida

Peter Ceresole wrote:

Its resolved by updating the firmware on the device - available from
Belkin's web site (http://makeashorterlink.com/?Z11321147)

This seems to have worked.

Really? Well, I'm very pleased.

But I will give it a couple of days before allowing myself to breathe a
final sigh of relief over it.

Daniele