Wireless network v wireless mouse

Old January 31st 04, 02:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike E

Default Wireless network v wireless mouse

Hello all

has anyone had any experience of conflicts between cordless mice and
wireless networks.
Here's the gen. I have a D-Link pci card in the desktop and a D-Link pc card
in the laptop, connected ad-hoc. The mouse is a Logitech mouseman cordless
optical. If I use the briefcase function in XP to synchronise the my
documents, or attempt a large file transfer, the desktop system tends to
lock up after a minute or two. This seems to be helped by actually using the
mouse, but I have no concrete proof on this and so could be barking up the
wrong tree. When the desktop locks, it is a complete lock, i.e. no mouse
mouse cursor movement or keyboard presses will do anything.
I would greatly appreciate any help on this because I am wanting to extend
the wireless setup to include a router etc. to add more pc's to the setup. I
don't want to fork out cash for this if it will just keep hanging all the
time.
As far as I am aware, there is no external interference that could be
affecting comms.

Thank you

Mike

Old January 31st 04, 02:51 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John F Kappler

Hi! I have experience of two Wireless Networks, one is 3 PCs, the
other betwwn 6 PCs plus 3 Notebooks when in the office.

All the PCs have cordless desktops (keyboards and mice) but the
Notebooks tend to us corded mice, just because the users are less
likely to forget to plug the receiver in!!

Anyway, I've never experienced anything like you describe.

Sorry not to be of help, but thought it might help to know!

Cheers,

JohnK

Old January 31st 04, 04:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ian

Hi
Sorry to say I havnt experianced the problem you mention. on eith my desktop
or laptop, Both o f which use cordless mice.
And anyway most mice are 27Mhz and V low power and Wifi is 2.4Ghz and many
times more powerful.

Ian

Old February 1st 04, 01:35 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lurch

[...]

If the keyboard locks as well would this not point towards the fact it
is a system related error as opposed to a mouse related error?
Have you tried the same with a wired mouse plugged in, does it still
lock?

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.
Old February 1st 04, 10:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike E

If the keyboard locks as well would this not point towards the fact it
is a system related error as opposed to a mouse related error?
Have you tried the same with a wired mouse plugged in, does it still
lock?

I only mention the fact that the keyboard locks to show the severity of the
crash. It generally locks up whilst using the mouse. Regarding the wired
mouse, hadn't thought of that one. That's what becomes of being an engineer.
First rule of engineering. Don't over complicate things.
Thanks for advice

Mike