NEW MODEM

Old January 31st 04, 03:41 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
DORSET LAD

Default NEW MODEM

Im on with BT's new 1 Meg service and im looking to get an internal modem
but don't now with one to get??????

Old January 31st 04, 06:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Im on with BT's new 1 Meg service and im looking to get an internal modem
but don't now with one to get??????

Carry on reading here for a while then :-}

Or... ebuyer are doing a "cheap and nasty" for about 13+VAT this
weekened IIRC... ASR-8000 I think its called, and its an external modem.

Old January 31st 04, 06:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Or... ebuyer are doing a "cheap and nasty" for about 13+VAT this
weekened IIRC... ASR-8000 I think its called, and its an external modem.

Oops, it was the ASU-8000, but its a USB one :-(

The ASR-8000 is 25.99 and it`s a "real" external modem/router, and the
ASR-8400 (4 port) gets a lot of good press for the price - 32.99

Old January 31st 04, 07:00 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

"DORSET LAD" wrote in message
Im on with BT's new 1 Meg service and im looking to get an internal modem
but don't now with one to get??????

more money than sense, my 12 months is up so ive just give
notice on my bt acccount, time to save some money

Old February 1st 04, 10:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Anton Gysen

Colin Wilson wrote:

Or... ebuyer are doing a "cheap and nasty" for about 13+VAT this
weekened IIRC... ASR-8000 I think its called, and its an external modem.

Oops, it was the ASU-8000, but its a USB one :-(

The ASR-8000 is 25.99 and it`s a "real" external modem/router, and the

SNIP!!!!!

He wants a ****in' internal modem, not an external router!

My advice is get one of the Dabsvalue Conexant ones, I'm posting from
one right now so they can't be that bad
They're rather good, actually. Well worth the money.

http://tinyurl.com/2y4n6

But make sure you get the latest drivers from www.themad-house.co.uk

And set the modulation type to whatever it auto-detects as in the little
control panel thing. That way you don't have to wait before it synchronises.

Anton
Old February 2nd 04, 12:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

He wants a ****in' internal modem, not an external router!

Take a chill pill :-p

Old February 2nd 04, 09:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gavin Gillespie

"Anton Gysen" wrote in
message ...

My advice is get one of the Dabsvalue Conexant ones, I'm posting

from
one right now so they can't be that bad
They're rather good, actually. Well worth the money.

http://tinyurl.com/2y4n6

But there seems to be a 3 - 4 week wait for these.

Old February 2nd 04, 04:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Anton Gysen

Gavin Gillespie wrote:
"Anton Gysen" wrote in
message ...

My advice is get one of the Dabsvalue Conexant ones, I'm posting

from

one right now so they can't be that bad
They're rather good, actually. Well worth the money.

http://tinyurl.com/2y4n6

But there seems to be a 3 - 4 week wait for these.

Sorry, didn't spot that.