Help Setting up Pipex account Plz

Old January 31st 04, 08:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fitzy_bhoy

Default Help Setting up Pipex account Plz

I have set up extra mail boxes other than the default which is supplied. But
I cannot access any email sent to it.

I set an alias for the account. When I check the mailboxes on the pipex site
it gives me the account name and password. However when i set up the account
in outlook it doesn't recognize the user name or password.

When i set the account up do I use the alias or the mailbox name as the
account name.

for example is it abc%dsl.pipex.com or is the renamed cba%dsl.pipex.com.

sorry for the long winded post, I hope I have came across clearly.

Old January 31st 04, 08:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
danyool

It should be mailboxname%dsl.pipex.com

NOT the alias

Dan

. ..

Old February 1st 04, 12:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Peter Wright

"danyool" wrote in
:

I find you can use either, but definitely use % and not @
Old February 1st 04, 01:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fitzy_bhoy

"danyool" wrote in message
. ..
It should be mailboxname%dsl.pipex.com

NOT the alias

Dan

and the password should be... the one that pipex attach to the mailbox??

Thanks
John

Old February 2nd 04, 03:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

On Sun, 1 Feb 2004 01:39:45 -0000, "Fitzy_bhoy"
wrote:

"danyool" wrote in message
It should be mailboxname%dsl.pipex.com

NOT the alias

Dan

and the password should be... the one that pipex attach to the mailbox??

Thanks
John

Yes. Use easiest to their passwords and username.

MK

Michael Kenward Words for sale