BT Openworld settings

Old February 1st 04, 02:09 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Hunsley

Default BT Openworld settings

My family use an ADSL USB modem to connect to BT Openworld currently.
I'm due to to replace this USB modem with a Q-tec ADSL 4 port router
modem (model: 584AA).
Only problem is, this piece of hardware doesn't come with any form of
cheatsheet to help me know what the ADSL settings are for BT Openworld.
The manual does contain some settings for "common connection scenarios".

So, can anyone reading this tell me the correct settings, if possible?
Failing that, can anyone comment which of the following 'scenarios'
detailed in the user manual are most close to BT Openworld's setup?

1) Bridge Mode Configuration
2) Router Mode Configuration with dynamic IP
3) Router Mode Configuration with static IP
4) Router Mode PPPoA Configuration (RFC2364)
5) Router Mode PPPoE Configuration (RFC2516)
6) Router Mode Configuration with Classical IP over ATM (RFC1577)

Personally, my money is on 4 (PPPoA), as this is apparently the most
common in the UK...

(Btw, we're talking about the basic BT Openworld ADSL home package here;
nothing fancy...)

alex

Old February 1st 04, 11:39 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Hunsley

fred bloggs wrote:

[...]

Hi Alex,

If you have a look around http://www.btofaq.net/ you will find the settings
for conection to BTopenworld. They are all pretty much the same since they
use BT's infrastructure, its just where do you put the data in for your
particular modem

Happy surfing

Mike

Excellent, thanks for that help! Very useful.

alex

Old February 1st 04, 11:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Hunsley

ffred wrote:

PPPoA is the one you want for Bt ADSL

Thanks so much! That's what I thought... good to have it confirmed..

alex