Broadband with Mcafee

Old February 2nd 04, 03:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

Default Broadband with Mcafee

I am running Pipex ADSL broadband. For anti virus I am using Mcafee Virus
Scan. All was working fine until I imstalled the latest DAT file update
4321. The browser keeps freezing. If I diable the anti virus all works fine.

Has anyone had similar problems. If so any ideas on how to rectify it

Thanks

Old February 2nd 04, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alexander Mann

Tony wrote:

I am running Pipex ADSL broadband. For anti virus I am using Mcafee Virus
Scan. All was working fine until I imstalled the latest DAT file update
4321. The browser keeps freezing. If I diable the anti virus all works fine.

Which browser?

Has anyone had similar problems. If so any ideas on how to rectify it

No similar problems but have you a) looked around the MAV site and/or b)
tried doing a roll-back if your version of Windows supports it?

alex

--
Alexander Mann
Old February 2nd 04, 11:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

I am running Pipex ADSL broadband. For anti virus I am using Mcafee Virus
Scan. All was working fine until I imstalled the latest DAT file update
4321. The browser keeps freezing. If I diable the anti virus all works fine.
Has anyone had similar problems. If so any ideas on how to rectify it

Someone on alt.fan.elite has been suffering with McAfee lately, and has
told them in no uncertain terms which orifice to put it - for which they
have spammed him several times with yet more adverts for the same product
as he`s having problems with...

Old February 3rd 04, 11:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Main

I used to run McAfee and it kept freezing up with me too. Get rid of it -
its tempremental. I currently use PC Cillin (Trend Micro) but have also
used Nortons too. Either of these will NOT freeze your browser up like
McAfee.

t...