How do a place a manual order.

Old February 3rd 04, 11:28 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

Default How do a place a manual order.

Hello,

I'm not getting any joy with BT. They just say the line is too long but
won't give me any other details - I guess they don't have any and won't have
any until an order is placed and a proper test is done, which they won't do.
Chicken and Egg....

I doubt the line will pass but how can I get a manual order done? At least
I'll get the line details and will know how far out of spec it is. If it
passes then great!! If the line fails, how much will the manual order
process have cost me?

Thanks for any help.

Dave.

Old February 3rd 04, 12:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Dave" wrote in message
I'm not getting any joy with BT. They just say the line is too long but
won't give me any other details - I guess they don't have any and won't

have
any until an order is placed and a proper test is done, which they won't

do.
Chicken and Egg....

I doubt the line will pass but how can I get a manual order done? At

least
I'll get the line details and will know how far out of spec it is. If it
passes then great!! If the line fails, how much will the manual order
process have cost me?

If the line fails, a manual order will have cost you nothing.

To get a manual order done, simply choose an ISP which is willing to do
these and ask them to submit a manual order on your behalf.

"Favoured" ISP's to ask for submitting a manual order change over time but i
think http://www.vispa.co.uk/ are currently one of the favourites so give
them a call.

Other ones you may want to try are Plusnet, Zen and A&A.

Regards
Sunil

Old February 3rd 04, 12:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Tue, 3 Feb 2004 11:28:35 -0000, "Dave"
wrote:

I doubt the line will pass but how can I get a manual order done? At least
I'll get the line details and will know how far out of spec it is.

don't count on it. Your best chance of that is to catch the guy doing
the test, if it gets that far. They disclose very little beyond pass /
fail

Phil
Old February 3rd 04, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Hocking

wrote:

I doubt the line will pass but how can I get a manual order done? At

least
I'll get the line details and will know how far out of spec it is.

don't count on it. Your best chance of that is to catch the guy doing
the test, if it gets that far. They disclose very little beyond pass /
fail

Phil

Vispa are excellent at getting manual orders through & seem to be able to
deal with difficult activations that others throw out by default on the BT
system. Their tech support is top notch too!

Highly recommended.
Mark