Tiscali broadband

Old February 3rd 04, 08:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
>{daZza}

Default Tiscali broadband

Just to let you all know, i have just been informed by Tiscali that i have
exceeded my 120, yes that is a tiny 120mb a day limit i have now been
effectivly slowed down to 80kbps, almost dialup speed. Be warned or get
angry and cancell your account like i am about to do :-/
--
daZza.............

remove knickers to reply ;-)

---
Checked by AVG anti-virus system (
http://www.grisoft.com).

Old February 3rd 04, 10:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Just to let you all know, i have just been informed by Tiscali that i
have exceeded my 120, yes that is a tiny 120mb a day limit i have now
been effectivly slowed down to 80kbps, almost dialup speed. Be warned
or get angry and cancell your account like i am about to do :-/

120mb a day?? thats rather cheap innit?

Old February 3rd 04, 10:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Beck" wrote in message

Just to let you all know, i have just been informed by Tiscali that i
have exceeded my 120, yes that is a tiny 120mb a day limit i have now
been effectivly slowed down to 80kbps, almost dialup speed. Be warned
or get angry and cancell your account like i am about to do :-/

120mb a day?? thats rather cheap innit?

exactly, i am on the phone to them know cancelling my account, gonna sign up
with pipex me thinks

--
daZza.............

remove knickers to reply ;-)

---

Old February 3rd 04, 10:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

"Beck" wrote in message

Just to let you all know, i have just been informed by Tiscali that
i have exceeded my 120, yes that is a tiny 120mb a day limit i have
now been effectivly slowed down to 80kbps, almost dialup speed. Be
warned or get angry and cancell your account like i am about to do
:-/

120mb a day?? thats rather cheap innit?

exactly, i am on the phone to them know cancelling my account, gonna
sign up with pipex me thinks

Did you not know about this 120mb before you signed up? Or was this a
recent addition to their terms and conditions?

Old February 3rd 04, 10:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Zapp Brannigan" wrote in message

{daZza} wrote:

"Beck" wrote in message

Just to let you all know, i have just been informed by Tiscali that i
have exceeded my 120, yes that is a tiny 120mb a day limit i have now
been effectivly slowed down to 80kbps, almost dialup speed. Be warned
or get angry and cancell your account like i am about to do :-/

120mb a day?? thats rather cheap innit?

Bit like the owner who opted for the cheap option. 150k Tiscali is NOT
broadband, and it should not be treated as such. Why he did not pay the
extra £1.50 a week and get a full 512k unlimited broadband, I have no
idea....

I have got the 512 service, that was unlimited, but they have ammended there
t & c's to impliment this cap, apparantly there t & c's state they can
change there t & c's to what ever and when ever they like. So i told them
that according to my t & c's they have broken my contract and they can
consider me an ex customer, even told m8ty on the fone that i would gladly
pay whatever early termination fee just to get shot of them

--
daZza.............

remove knickers to reply ;-)

---

Old February 3rd 04, 10:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

{daZza} wrote:

"Beck" wrote in message

[...]

You are legally allowed to reject the terms and conditions and not to incur
any personal fees against you. Tell them they are allowed to change them,
but you are allowed to reject them. Insist you cancel your contract with
them with zero charges against you apart from any outstanding bill.

Old February 4th 04, 02:49 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin²

Whatever made you to sign up with ****cali in the first place ?
You should switch to PlusNet, IMHO they offer best value / service
available,
512k is only £21.99 p.m. (or even £18.99 without P2P and binary groups).
If you do you can use my id 'jerryw' as a referrer and save me few pence,
thanks.
Regards,
Martin

Old February 4th 04, 09:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Bob { Goddard }

Zapp Brannigan wrote:

Ohhh, **** off and read a dictionary. 150k Tiscally IS broadband.

--
http://www.mailtrap.org.uk/
Old February 4th 04, 03:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Tiscali broadband faq states (as at todays posting date) "Cost. Tiscali
Broadband is charged at a flat monthly fee no matter how long you stay
online or how much you download."

I can see no reference to any download cap in the t&c.

So, I don't understand.......and I've just signed up for their broadband
service this morning....or are you only talking about their x3 or x5
services?????

What have I done......

Old February 4th 04, 04:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"x" wrote in message

Tiscali broadband faq states (as at todays posting date) "Cost. Tiscali
Broadband is charged at a flat monthly fee no matter how long you stay
online or how much you download."

I can see no reference to any download cap in the t&c.

So, I don't understand.......and I've just signed up for their broadband
service this morning....or are you only talking about their x3 or x5
services?????

What have I done......

I have the x10, 512mb service, i was pointed to t&c section 5 paragraph 9
"5.9 You acknowledge that Broadband Services are provided to other users
and we owe a duty to these users as a whole to preserve our network
integrity and avoid network degradation. If, in our reasonable opinion, we
believe that your use of the Broadband Services has or may adversely affect
such network integrity or may cause network degradation we may change your
chosen access rate or manage your Broadband Services as we see fit in the
circumstances"
*******s, there not as quick in replying to my cancelation of contract
email.

--