wireless

Old February 4th 04, 01:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
ddwyer

Default wireless

My Devon location precludes BT broad band connection due to excessive
attenuation on the copper line.
The correct solution would be to persuade BT to install a lower loss
line (how do I achieve this?)
Can I set up a radio link myself to any existing transmitter.
There are some commercial Internet antennas that may be within line of
sight.
--
ddwyer
Old February 4th 04, 10:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"ddwyer" wrote in message
My Devon location precludes BT broad band connection due to excessive
attenuation on the copper line.
The correct solution would be to persuade BT to install a lower loss
line (how do I achieve this?)
Can I set up a radio link myself to any existing transmitter.
There are some commercial Internet antennas that may be within line of
sight.
--
ddwyer

D,
1, BT wont install a lower loss line to enable ADSL. It either works on
your existing pair, or you don't get it.

2, Talk to the people that own the antenna, but I suspect it will be a
point to point private service like a 1Meg Megastream or something. I think
to need to look to see if there are any satellite based options. (Although
you only get a broadband download, the upload goes via the POTS.)