Netgear DG834 not reconnecting.

Old February 4th 04, 10:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
jazzy jeff

Default Netgear DG834 not reconnecting.

My brother has one of these routers, and while he's on holiday, i've been
using his broadband .

The thing is, about once a day, the internet connection will stop working,
if I go into the router config page and go to router status, it says it's
disconnected.

If I tell it to connect, then it does.

Shouldn't it keep trying automaticaly?

TIA

Old February 6th 04, 05:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Smith

I think that reconnecting is a fix in the new Firmware..... (check the
Netgear website).

I know that a lot of people are slagging off the Netgear, and the DG834(G)
in particular, and yes indeed, the upgrade I tried this very afternooon
failed - but the recovery procedure (info. at
http://www.dslreports.com/forum/rema...7326~mode=flat ) worked fine, and
I now have an upgraded box. Never had the reconnect failures, but I do know
that my wireless rate has doubled - personally, I'm still happy with the
DG834G....

P.

"Martin²" wrote in message
There may be an option in the set up to 'keep connected at all times'

(other
routers have it).
But, being Netgear, it just quite likely to be dodgy kit...
Regards,
Martin

Old February 6th 04, 07:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Filthy Rich

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 01:51:57 -0000, "Martin²"
wrote:

There may be an option in the set up to 'keep connected at all times' (other
routers have it).

Yes, so does this....

But, being Netgear, it just quite likely to be dodgy kit...
Regards,
Martin

What is your problem guy? I bought something faulty once but I took
it back and got a replacement.

I bought a different faulty thing another time and took that back but
the replacement was also faulty so i got my money back and bought
something else.

Being an adult, I didn't cry about it for the rest of my life.......

Filthy Rich
Music House
Old February 7th 04, 11:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

wrote:

There may be an option in the set up to 'keep connected at all times' (other
routers have it).

Yes, so does this....

But, being Netgear, it just quite likely to be dodgy kit...
Regards,
Martin

What is your problem guy? I bought something faulty once but I took
it back and got a replacement.

I bought a different faulty thing another time and took that back but
the replacement was also faulty so i got my money back and bought
something else.

Being an adult, I didn't cry about it for the rest of my life.......

Filthy Rich
Music House

Don't worry, there's always one loser out there who blames the world
for the fact that they once got a raw deal. They see it as a personal
attack on them and then see it as their role in life to protect the
world. The rest of us just get on with our lives.

My Netgear DG834 worked perfectly out of the box. Made its own
connection with DSL arrived and has lost its connection only when the
French cowboys who bought the local electricity company forget to put
another shilling in the meter.

MK

Michael Kenward Words for sale