Vispa - what does this mean?

Old February 4th 04, 12:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

Default Vispa - what does this mean?

After many trips to the BT Broadband checker and finding out that my line is
still too long I followed a bit of advice further down and tried Vispa.

When I click the signup button, it asks for my phone number so it can check
I can get broadband. I put the phone number in and the signup process
continues. No "sorry you line is too long" or "you cannot get broadband".
Does this mean that Vispa believe I can get broadband or does it mean that
my number just hasn't been checked yet?

I don't want to get all excited only to find out a few days later that I
still can't get ADSL.

What are Vispa like as an ISP? There costs seem pretty good.

Thanks for any info.

Dave.

Old February 4th 04, 01:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Phil Thompson

On Wed, 4 Feb 2004 12:54:08 -0000, "Dave"
wrote:

I put the phone number in and the signup process
continues.

what does http://www.vispa.net/bbcheck.php?cli=yournumber tell you,
you sohuld ger colours for adaptive and fixed rate - green would be
nice :-)

Phil
Old February 4th 04, 01:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

wrote:

I put the phone number in and the signup process
continues.

what does http://www.vispa.net/bbcheck.php?cli=yournumber tell you,
you sohuld ger colours for adaptive and fixed rate - green would be
nice :-)

It's all red. 56k modems are better for everything anyway. ;-(

Phil

Old February 5th 04, 08:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
eusty

Try getting Vispa to put a manual order in, you may be OK when they test the
line...what have you got to lose??!

Steve

Old February 5th 04, 08:30 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alexander Mann

Dave wrote:

After many trips to the BT Broadband checker and finding out that my line is
still too long I followed a bit of advice further down and tried Vispa.

When I click the signup button, it asks for my phone number so it can check
I can get broadband. I put the phone number in and the signup process
continues. No "sorry you line is too long" or "you cannot get broadband".
Does this mean that Vispa believe I can get broadband or does it mean that
my number just hasn't been checked yet?

I don't want to get all excited only to find out a few days later that I
still can't get ADSL.

What are Vispa like as an ISP? There costs seem pretty good.

They're staff (including support) are meant to be excellent but I've
found them to be a bit too keen/pushy. The network? Well, I think it's
up in Manchester but I don't know more than that. Prices are higher
than most.

They seem to be proud of putting in manual orders for border line lines
which might be why they let the order process continue - even though the
line is red.

I don't think they have any magic powers so any ISP that will put
through a manual order is probably worth trying.

Thanks for any info.

Dave.

--
Alexander Mann