Bad experience with Linksys

Old February 4th 04, 12:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Greg

Default Bad experience with Linksys

I bought a wireless LINKSYS DSL router and PCI adaptor card. One or
both of the devices are refective. I have been trying for 2 weeks to
resolve the problem with no result. LINKSYS UK stipulate that
exchanges will take 28 days. Would you wait 28 days to have an
exchange? The vendor where bought the divices want to charge me to
return the product. DONT EVER BUY LINKSYS !
Old February 4th 04, 01:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris Watts

"Greg" wrote in message
om...
The vendor where bought the divices want to charge me to
return the product.

Remind him of the Sale of Goods Act. Not only is the vendor (NOT the
manufacturer) responsible for replacing faulty goods but he is also
responsible for refunding you your reasonable costs for returning the faulty
items. Threaten to take him to the Small Claims Court and to advise the
local newspapers and the Trading Standards Department.

Chris Watts

Old February 5th 04, 09:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sebastian Kinnaird

"Grant Crozier" wrote
I would.t even consider Linksys the name put me off stright away I
have just got a Dynamode 4 port router this week from Scan Computers
and it is the best I have had. Having had an Asus 1port router which
repetedly kept dropping the connection and also a D-Link504 which
dropped the connection and reset to factory default every 24hrs or so.
The Dynamode was connected on Monday afternoon and has not given one
bit of trouble and I consider it forty quid well spent .

Going from what you've just said ... why has the name 'Linksys' put you off
them?!

Seb

Old February 5th 04, 10:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andrew Barnes

Why would the name 'linksys' put you off?

From my experiences I can say that their kit is top quality.

Andrew

Old February 6th 04, 07:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Andrew Barnes wrote:
Why would the name 'linksys' put you off?

From my experiences I can say that their kit is top quality.

Hmmm... I had problems with a wireless to wireless net connection
connected to their router - but I got very good use support on how to
solve the problem which resulted in things working.

However I have now have problems on the router itself dropping
connections to my cable modem which I have not yet chased up.

Any advice welcome.

Axel