Which ISPs for un-capped downloads?

Old February 4th 04, 06:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Which ISPs for un-capped downloads?

Our exchange has just been broadband enabled.

Just cancelled my order with Tiscali when I discovered they are cutting
people's bandwidth for 'excessive' use (between 1 & 2 Gb).

Do any ISPs advertise in black & white "no limit on downloads"?

I know capping is on its way but 1 or 2 Gb.....

Can anyone offer recommendations? I want to be free to connect P2P - I
believe some ISPs bar this from their service.

Cheers

Old February 5th 04, 10:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
·.¸¸.·´¯`Wango´¯`·.¸¸.·

"Leslie Costar" wrote in message
-snip-
Plus we're doing half price installation at the moment :-)

How can they "were" and at the moment at the same time?

Wango

Old February 5th 04, 11:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim Cain

"Leslie Costar" wrote in message
k...
In article ,
(x) wrote:

Can anyone offer recommendations? I want to be free to connect P2P - I
believe some ISPs bar this from their service.

We don't cap, and we have up to 2MB Home ADSL.

Plus we're doing half price installation at the moment :-)

Leslie
www.icuknet.co.uk

So If I sign up with you, and max out a 2MB connection
24x7x365, you'll be perfectly happy? No throttling?
"Heavy user" charges? Pressing invites to sign up for
"Business level service", or not sign up & get dropped?

Where do I sign!?

Tim.

---

Old February 6th 04, 11:12 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Leslie Costar

In article ,
(Tim Cain) wrote:

So If I sign up with you, and max out a 2MB connection
24x7x365, you'll be perfectly happy?

That's fine.

No throttling?
"Heavy user" charges? Pressing invites to sign up for
"Business level service", or not sign up & get dropped?

No.

The bandwidth available behind the ADSL network is ample to cope with
thousands of 2MB Home ADSL lines, so one more won't be an issue :-)

Where do I sign!?

http://www.icuknet.co.uk/live_home_adsl.asp scroll down to the 2MB line
and then click on BUY.

You should note that not all areas that are broadband enabled can cope
with a 2MB ADSL line. However, if this is the situation, we can recommend
your options (i.e. 512K or 1MB).

Leslie

Old February 9th 04, 08:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
s7uar7

Leslie Costar wrote:

http://www.icuknet.co.uk/live_home_adsl.asp scroll down to the 2MB line
and then click on BUY.

What's the minimum contract on the 1MB & 2MB lines, I can't see it
anywhere on the site?

Stuart
Old February 10th 04, 10:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Leslie Costar

In article ,
(s7uar7) wrote:

Leslie Costar wrote:

http://www.icuknet.co.uk/live_home_adsl.asp scroll down to the 2MB
line and then click on BUY.

What's the minimum contract on the 1MB & 2MB lines, I can't see it
anywhere on the site?

Stuart

Three months. Although if for whatever reason you're not happy with the
service in the first month, it would be OK to cancel.

Leslie