I am looking to see if there is such a thing as free broadband in UK

Old February 5th 04, 09:38 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Heather-SCOTGIRL

Default I am looking to see if there is such a thing as free broadband in UK

I was contacted about a year ago ( march 2003) and offered free broadband as long as i signed up to a certain insurance policy,(which i wouldn't have minded at the time) but my town wasn't upgraded to BB at that time, so i couldn't take the offer, but now it has been upgraded and would like to know if such offers still exist in the UK as the company in question website doesn't exist no more that originally offered.

i think it was www.freebb.co.uk but it doesn't mention anything anymore

also, if anyone knows of any really cheap BB,(under £10 a month if its possible) I would be grateful for that info aswell.

thanks to all in advance for any help

Heather(Ayrshire, Scotland)
Old February 5th 04, 12:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"Heather-SCOTGIRL" wrote in message

also, if anyone knows of any really cheap BB,(under £10 a month if its

possible) I would be grateful for that info aswell.

Very little in this life is really fee.

http://www.metronet.co.uk/adsl/paygo is about the cheapest you get, but has
usage caps etc. Don't know what the service is like. Otherwise it's one of
the 150K offerings from the likes of Plusnet or Tiscalli at £16PPM.

Someone has a deal where you buy a PC and get broadband "free" but IIRC the
offer was not so attractive, you could google for it.

....It might be worth asking at alt.consumers.uk-freebies ;-)

Jc.

Old February 5th 04, 01:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Crowther

Metronet http://www.metronet.co.uk/ might be an answer.

--
Jim Crowther "It's MY computer" (tm SMG)
Avoid more swen by dumping your old Usenet addresses, and
Old February 6th 04, 09:57 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"Martin²" wrote in message
Seems the only thing 'freebb' isn't selling is snake oil..., strange

that...

But there is a way: find a consenting neighbour and you can share BB
connection (via wireless) and
if you pick the right ISP it will be under £10 each. Then (if your

neighbour
has the BB) you can give up your BT line and save that £9.50 p.m. rental

It's OK until he gets Kazza etc, and getright and starts downloading stuff
24x7.

Jc.

Old February 7th 04, 06:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Antony Bler

I very like IDM
Whit a slow internet connection is very nice to have this software to
help you download big file.

http://www.internetdownloadmanager.c...filid=9875-194
Old February 7th 04, 09:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Huck Portobello

If you do build a network to ICS - is there a way of modifying things so that
you can cap what the other users are downloading - or indeed, "outlaw" P2P
applications from using the network, say, during business hours? Building
networks seems more like Lego everyday - just plug'n'play - but then
controlling "the monster you have created" - how to do?