No connection - help please!

Old February 5th 04, 09:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Horseman

Default No connection - help please!

My Nildram account was activated today, I put it all together and gues waht?
Nothing

After much plugging and unplugging I called their support. More changing of
IP addresses and gateways, pinging etc and nothing. It happens I have an old
computer here I use as server for other work soplugged that in and whooooosh
worked straightaway with all the settings supplied to Nildram.

Why won't this XP computer work with these same settings? Trying to ping the
router IP and the gateway address I get error code 65. Any ideas? Nildram
guy was not bothered once he knew it was working on the older machine.

can it be XP firewall ? I have zone alarm but this was disabled early on in
the testing

Old February 5th 04, 10:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rusty

Horseman wrote:
My Nildram account was activated today, I put it all together and gues waht?
Nothing

After much plugging and unplugging I called their support. More changing of
IP addresses and gateways, pinging etc and nothing. It happens I have an old
computer here I use as server for other work soplugged that in and whooooosh
worked straightaway with all the settings supplied to Nildram.

Why won't this XP computer work with these same settings? Trying to ping the
router IP and the gateway address I get error code 65. Any ideas? Nildram
guy was not bothered once he knew it was working on the older machine.

can it be XP firewall ? I have zone alarm but this was disabled early on in
the testing

PING: transmission failed, error 65

The error relates to Zonealarm being installed:

If you have zone labs zonealarm or zonealarm pro installed on the
computer you need to configure it for ICS connection sharing...error 65
just means that it is not configured for ICS.

here is the Zone labs web site if you need help with configuration:
http://www.zonelabs.com/services/support.htm

HTH,