Beware placing an order with ISP before exchange enabled

Old February 6th 04, 01:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Towill

Default Beware placing an order with ISP before exchange enabled

I placed an order with PlusNet before my exchange was enabled. Over a week
after it was enabled there was no movement on the order, and no order on BT
for my telephone line.

I contacted PlusNet who then placed an order, they told me that a fault in
the BT ordering system sometimes "loses" orders if pre exchange enablement.

So I suggest that if you order before exchange enablement you check soon
after enablement to see if BT have an order against your telephone number,
if not chase your ISP.
--
If emailing direct please remove
wet from towill.