Line combiners?

Old February 6th 04, 05:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Grumpycrab

Default Line combiners?

Hi - I have access to a couple ADSL links and wonder if there's anything
that can merge the lines e.g. I'm surprised GetRight doesn't appear to
support 1 connection. I've tried midpoint but it's as flakey as hell.
--
Grumps

Old February 6th 04, 06:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
PsychicStickleBrick

"Grumpycrab" wrote in message
Hi - I have access to a couple ADSL links and wonder if there's anything
that can merge the lines e.g. I'm surprised GetRight doesn't appear to
support 1 connection. I've tried midpoint but it's as flakey as hell.
--
Grumps

Yes, i saw a review for a "Cyclone 200 High Performance Load Balancer"
somewhere.
Try here for details:
http://www.broadbandbuyer.co.uk/Shop...roduc tID=400

Note that these kind of routers are really only suited to providing an
automatic backup if one connection fails. They will break the functionality of
some websites because you appear to be randomlly switching between 2 IPs
during a session. Plus I would imagine they would screw up any connection for
on-line gaming etc. I would advise you to read as many reviews as you can
before you buy.

PSB

Old February 6th 04, 08:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Torkington

Grumpycrab wrote:
Hi - I have access to a couple ADSL links and wonder if there's
anything that can merge the lines e.g. I'm surprised GetRight doesn't
appear to support 1 connection. I've tried midpoint but it's as
flakey as hell.

www.firebrick.co.uk

NickT

Old February 7th 04, 04:08 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Rumm

Grumpycrab wrote:

Hi - I have access to a couple ADSL links and wonder if there's anything
that can merge the lines e.g. I'm surprised GetRight doesn't appear to
support 1 connection. I've tried midpoint but it's as flakey as hell.

Another review he-

http://www.adslguide.org.uk/hardware...cyclone200.asp

--
Cheers,

John.

Old February 7th 04, 06:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ron Porter

IDM is the best by far
Having tried other accelerators and boosters I have decided that
Internet Download Manager is the best by far.

http://www.internetdownloadmanager.c...filid=9875-194
Old February 7th 04, 12:17 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Grumpycrab

IDM is the best by far
Having tried other accelerators and boosters I have decided that
Internet Download Manager is the best by far.

http://www.internetdownloadmanager.c...filid=9875-194

But it doesn't look like you can use more than 1 internet connection at a
time. (Sorry if my question wasn't clear).
It looks like the only way to do this at present is with hardware. Which is
quite expensive.

I guess if somebody wants a 1Gig link they're more likely to get 1x1Gig link
rather than 2x512Meg links. So I guess it's not surprising that there's no
s/w solutions. However I am surprised that none of the s/w download
accelerators support more than 1 internet conenction at a time.
--
Ian

Old February 7th 04, 01:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rusty

http://www.getadsl.co.uk/bonded_adsl.htm