Freeserve - line activation time.

Old February 6th 04, 08:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Grayson

Default Freeserve - line activation time.

I purchased on line Freeserve's broadband package (too many people
have my e-mail address for me to change provider), and suprisingly
received the modem and software yesterday.

I'm waiting for the line to be activated at the exchange. How long
does it usually take with them, and does the notification come
through as soon as the line is activated, or later?
Old February 6th 04, 09:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dennis Bradley

"Paul Grayson" wrote in message
I purchased on line Freeserve's broadband package (too many people
have my e-mail address for me to change provider), and suprisingly
received the modem and software yesterday.

I'm waiting for the line to be activated at the exchange. How long
does it usually take with them, and does the notification come
through as soon as the line is activated, or later?

I have been using Freeserve BB for about 2 weeks now.
My modem came within 3 days of placing the order and the line went active 2
days later.

You should install the drivers and connect the modem as instructed.
One lamp on the modem will flash on and off until BT enable the line.
When the lamp ceases flashing, just click on the Freeserve icon placed on
your desktop, supply the username and password as directed in the e-mail
sent to you when you ordered and away you go.

It all worked for me without any hitch, except that I had to contact
Freeserve to remind them that they had not sent the additional filter I had
purchased.

Good luck

Dennis

Old February 6th 04, 09:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steven Campbell

"Paul Grayson" wrote in message
I purchased on line Freeserve's broadband package (too many people
have my e-mail address for me to change provider), and suprisingly
received the modem and software yesterday.

If you had wanted to change ISP you could have, while still retaining your
freeserve address. As long as you dialled in to freeserve at least once
every 90 days to keep your account live.

Steven.

Old February 7th 04, 01:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Grayson

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 21:06:11 -0000, Dennis Bradley wrote:

You should install the drivers and connect the modem as instructed.
One lamp on the modem will flash on and off until BT enable the line.
When the lamp ceases flashing, just click on the Freeserve icon placed on
your desktop, supply the username and password as directed in the e-mail
sent to you when you ordered and away you go.

I've done all that, bar the icon, as this is Mac OS X here. I'm not too
confident about the Mac OS X driver for the Speedtouch device, as it's
caused kernel panics whilst removing the device. The diagnostic tool
for checking the status of the adapater is about 6MB in size, which
for something that simple indicates it has been badly written.

I can also dual boot into Mac OS 9, and the software for that appears
to be better.