ISPs with 400kbps upload?

Old February 6th 04, 10:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
roger

Default ISPs with 400kbps upload?

Does anyone have an recommendations for ISPs that offer 400kbps upload
speeds?

cheers

Old February 6th 04, 11:02 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"roger" wrote in message
Does anyone have an recommendations for ISPs that offer 400kbps upload
speeds?

They will be very thin on the ground - as most ISP's resell BT Wholesale's
ADSL products which are limited to 256K upload.

The only exception I can think of us Bulldog (http://www.bulldogdsl.com/)
who offer 400K upload but that is only on 35 exchanges in London where they
have fitted their own equipment in BT's telephone exchanges.

Apart from that, you are probably looking at "bonding" 2 ADSL lines together
if you wanted to get 500K upload - A&A and Nildram offer bonding (amongst
others?)

Regards
Sunil

Old February 6th 04, 11:11 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
roger

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message

Apart from that, you are probably looking at "bonding" 2 ADSL lines

together
if you wanted to get 500K upload - A&A and Nildram offer bonding (amongst
others?)

thanks. I had alook at Nildrams site, and they have a page about bonding.
I'll give them a call on monday. It does say at the bottom they cannot
supply hardware routers suitable for this service, not sure what I'd need.

Also, I've never heard of A&A, do they have a site?

cheers

Old February 6th 04, 11:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Burton

http://www.aaisp.net/

Old February 7th 04, 03:06 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
NAZGUL

"roger" wrote in message
"Sunil Sood" wrote in message

Apart from that, you are probably looking at "bonding" 2 ADSL lines

together
if you wanted to get 500K upload - A&A and Nildram offer bonding (amongst
others?)

thanks. I had alook at Nildrams site, and they have a page about bonding.
I'll give them a call on monday. It does say at the bottom they cannot
supply hardware routers suitable for this service, not sure what I'd need.

Also, I've never heard of A&A, do they have a site?

cheers

-----------------------------

I would love to know what the extra charge they ask for is, after all you
need your own load balancer and you have to pay for each line so whats the
extra 10 for?

Old February 7th 04, 08:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin White

On Fri, 6 Feb 2004 23:11:57 -0000, "roger" wrote:

"Sunil Sood" wrote in message

Apart from that, you are probably looking at "bonding" 2 ADSL lines

together
if you wanted to get 500K upload - A&A and Nildram offer bonding (amongst
others?)

thanks. I had alook at Nildrams site, and they have a page about bonding.
I'll give them a call on monday. It does say at the bottom they cannot
supply hardware routers suitable for this service, not sure what I'd need.

Also, I've never heard of A&A, do they have a site?

A&A can be found at http://www.aaisp.net

I have two lines from A&A, with a bonded uplink, results of the speed
test on www.adslguide.org.uk below:

Direction Actual Speed True Speed (estimated)

Downstream 471 Kbps (58.9 KB/sec) 508 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 480 Kbps (60.0 KB/sec) 518 Kbps (inc. overheads)

Regards,
Martin

--

martin @ mgw (dot) org (dot) uk.
Old February 7th 04, 01:50 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rusty

Martin White wrote:

A&A can be found at http://www.aaisp.net

I have two lines from A&A, with a bonded uplink, results of the speed
test on www.adslguide.org.uk below:

Direction Actual Speed True Speed (estimated)

Downstream 471 Kbps (58.9 KB/sec) 508 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 480 Kbps (60.0 KB/sec) 518 Kbps (inc. overheads)

What hardware do you use for that?

I see you only get 500k downstream on that whereas Nildram say "By
bonding 2 dsl500 connections we have achieved throughput figures,
according to ADSL Guide, of 881kbps downstream and 470Kbps upstream"

Do you only have 250k lines?
Old February 7th 04, 01:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"roger" wrote in message
Also, I've never heard of A&A, do they have a site?

As others have said, they can be found on http://www.aaisp.net - I guess
http://www.aaisp.net/multiline.html would be the most relevant.

They also have a newsgroup uk.net.providers.aaisp where you will no doubt
find customers/staff who can help with queries etc

Regards
Sunil

Old February 7th 04, 02:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alexander Mann

Rusty wrote:

Martin White wrote:

A&A can be found at http://www.aaisp.net

I have two lines from A&A, with a bonded uplink, results of the speed
test on www.adslguide.org.uk below:

Direction Actual Speed True Speed (estimated)

Downstream 471 Kbps (58.9 KB/sec) 508 Kbps (inc. overheads)
Upstream 480 Kbps (60.0 KB/sec) 518 Kbps (inc. overheads)

What hardware do you use for that?

I see you only get 500k downstream on that whereas Nildram say "By
bonding 2 dsl500 connections we have achieved throughput figures,
according to ADSL Guide, of 881kbps downstream and 470Kbps upstream"

Do you only have 250k lines?

At a guess, he has one 20:1 512/256 and one 50:1 512/256 (thus using
different equipment at the exchange). The upstream is balanced and the
downstream isn't (balancing upstream is easier). When one line fails,
the speeds drop to 512/256.

--
Alexander Mann
Old February 8th 04, 09:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin White

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 14:38:13 +0000, Alexander Mann
wrote:

[snip]

At a guess, he has one 20:1 512/256 and one 50:1 512/256 (thus using
different equipment at the exchange). The upstream is balanced and the
downstream isn't (balancing upstream is easier). When one line fails,
the speeds drop to 512/256.

Indeed, that is how it is configured.

Regards,
Martin