PPPoPvc 0 PPP layer

Old February 7th 04, 01:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lawrence Stromski

Default PPPoPvc 0 PPP layer

PPP is Point to Point Protocol, PVC is Perminant Virtual Circuit.

In this context, Pvc0 refers to the interface from your router to the ISP.
(Just like on a linux computer you'd see Eth0 which refers to the interface
that is your first network adaptor.)

What it's most likely telling you is that it is having trouble creating a
PPP connection over your interface. Your router can't connect the ADSL in
the most basic terms.

I don't know your router spacificly so I can't offer any step by step help
but what you need to do is review all of the connection settings. Make sure
the connect mode is correct (PPPoA instead of PPPoE), make sure the Virtual
Circuit is correct (a two digit number, BTOpenworld is VPI: 0, VCI: 38) and
make sure your username and password are right.

Consult your ISP's configuration details, make sure they are the same as in
your router, consult your routers manual to make sure you didn't miss any
setup steps.

Hope that is useful to you.

Regards,
-Lawrence Stromski.

"matthew" wrote in message
I'm trying to set up my Binatone ADSL500 USB modem

Does anyone know what the following error means, and how to reslove
it?

Test PPPoPvc 0 PPP layer connection FAIL