Whose got a D-Link DSL-300G+ ADSL Modem?

Old February 7th 04, 10:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul King

Default Whose got a D-Link DSL-300G+ ADSL Modem?

Not quite what I wanted the full subjectline to be. it should *REALLY* have
been:-

Whose got a D-Link DSL-300G+ ADSL Modem in the Coventry area whose prepared
to let me bring mine round to prove its not duff!

I've got connection probs (currently - hopefully - escalated to BT by Pipex)
but I'd just like to eradicate that niggling feeling that my kit is actually
still ok.

If there's anyone out there who would be prepared to let me bring my kit
round to hook up to their PC and ISP (using their username and password in
order to prove that my kit works on their connection), there could be
beers/flowers/chocolates as appropriate.

---

Old February 8th 04, 11:14 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fish

Paul King wrote:
Not quite what I wanted the full subjectline to be. it should *REALLY* have
been:-

[snip]

I've just got one, but live nowhere near you. However it works OK even
if on actually using it the thing strikes me as krap kit. What's not
working?

Fish
Old February 8th 04, 02:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rick

On Sat, 07 Feb 2004 22:46:43 GMT, "Paul King"
wrote:

Not quite what I wanted the full subjectline to be. it should *REALLY* have
been:-

Whose got a D-Link DSL-300G+ ADSL Modem in the Coventry area whose prepared
to let me bring mine round to prove its not duff!

I've got connection probs (currently - hopefully - escalated to BT by Pipex)
but I'd just like to eradicate that niggling feeling that my kit is actually
still ok.

If there's anyone out there who would be prepared to let me bring my kit
round to hook up to their PC and ISP (using their username and password in
order to prove that my kit works on their connection), there could be
beers/flowers/chocolates as appropriate.

Well I'm not in the Coventry area, but I think I am having the same
problems that you are having. I am also on Pipex.....

However, I think the problem is with the modem itself rather than with
the adsl line.

Maybe we should start a new thread entitled "Does anybody have a
D-Link DSL-300+ and not have problems?"

Rick....
Old February 8th 04, 04:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul King

wrote:

[...]

You lead... I'll follow...

---

Old February 8th 04, 04:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fish

Paul King wrote:
[snip]

You lead... I'll follow...

Well after ten hours of faffling around, I've cut my losses and ordered
the adslnation one. The dlink is going on ebay if I'm in a good mood and
under a large mallet if I'm not. No more dlink for me, ever. Life is
too short for these crooks. An exhaustive search through Google shows
complaints about the dhcpserver renewal problem going back at least a
year, so dlink must be assumed to have no intention of fixing what they
must know to be a serious problem with this unit. At that's without the
utterly misleading packaging which fails to say that the modem is only
intended for direct connection to a single PC, even though in the event
a connection of sorts can be had with some (not all) routers.

Fish
Old February 8th 04, 05:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Piers James

I own one of these, that is on the other side of a D-Link DI-624+ wireless
router. I'm with Virgin BB and have no problems at all. I get a lease time
of 1 week, although I guess that is from the router not the modem.

Not near Cov either!!

s.com...

Old February 8th 04, 06:28 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
repo

have 2 dsl300+ in the field with not one problem so far.
running them via dlink di-604's (simple and cheap unit) never been an
issue..

Old February 8th 04, 10:09 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Fish

repo wrote:

have 2 dsl300+ in the field with not one problem so far.
running them via dlink di-604's (simple and cheap unit) never been an
issue..

[snip]

As Jonathan Buzzard wisely points out in an earlier thread, the unit
does actually work. But mine is now wired to a dlink 804vh router and
the constant dhcp renewing does interfere with the datastream to some
degree from my testing today, although if you are just doing some
surfing and emailing you won't notice. In addition, it completely knocks
out the router's ability to do logging. The log is overwhelmed with
release/renew data in about one minute. If the unit accepted atmos
commands that would allow the problem parameters to be changed, none of
this would be a problem. But that's all screwed up too.

Fish

Old February 9th 04, 02:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Paul Oram

I've been trying to get a D-Link DSL-300G+ to work reliably with a USR
Broadband Router for about three months. An earlier poster to this
newsgroup suggested trying a PPPoE connection rather that the officially BT
supported PPPoA.

Two weeks up and running without a problem.

The only snag is I don't know it this option is available on all BT
broadband enabled exchanges.

But it worked for me.

Paul Oram

Old February 10th 04, 04:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rick

On Mon, 9 Feb 2004 14:40:18 +0000 (UTC), "Paul Oram"
wrote:

I've been trying to get a D-Link DSL-300G+ to work reliably with a USR
Broadband Router for about three months. An earlier poster to this
newsgroup suggested trying a PPPoE connection rather that the officially BT
supported PPPoA.

Two weeks up and running without a problem.

The only snag is I don't know it this option is available on all BT
broadband enabled exchanges.

But it worked for me.

Paul Oram

Just tried that.