A Dillema of sorts.. Should I or shouldn't I?

Old February 8th 04, 10:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Default A Dillema of sorts.. Should I or shouldn't I?

wrote:
"Beck" said:

wrote:
I'm currently using Freeserves' 512mbps service but would like to
upgrade to a 2mbps sevice with another ISP. Now, I've checked my
line at the Bt wholesale site and my results were as follows:-

"Your exchange has ADSL broadband. Although the length of the
telephone line between you and the exchange is quite long, you may
be able to receive ADSL broadband.

Our initial test on your line suggests that you may be able to have
an ADSL broadband service that provides up to 2Mbps download speed.

If you decide to place an order, a further test will be performed to
confirm if your line is suitable, and if so for what speed of
service."

Should I risk it and hope that a 2mbps service will work? I mean, if
it all goes tits up and I've cancelled with Freeserve then I'd
prolly have to pay again for a reconnection with freeserve. Not to
mention the probable 2 weeks down time that I'd incur.

As an aside; does anybody know if Freeserve plan to include a 1mbps
broadband service to their Network?

Well if it won't work then they wont upgrade you. There is no risk
involved. They may suggest you go for the 1mb service instead.

No risk? For them to test if I can upgrade to 2mbps, then I will have
to cancel my Freeserve adsl, no?

How have you found BTs adsl service? I believe they have a 1mbps
currently.

No you do not have to cancel. They can test it anyway. Place an order and
if it fails you still have your 512. If it passes, you can cancel that
order before the upgrade if you change your mind. Nothing is contractual
until you are switched on.
I dont have BT adsl. I am BTo customer, but sadly only isdn as I am out of
the boundaries for adsl

Old February 8th 04, 10:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Beck wrote:
wrote:
[...]

Der, it's the same limits for 2mb as it is for 1mb....

Old February 9th 04, 12:17 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Beck" wrote in message
No you do not have to cancel. They can test it anyway. Place an order

and
if it fails you still have your 512. If it passes, you can cancel that
order before the upgrade if you change your mind. Nothing is contractual
until you are switched on.

Only your current ISP can test an adsl line.

If you wanted to change ISP, the OP would have to cancel the Freeserve line,
before the new ISP could ask for a line test etc.

Regards
Sunil