AOL + wireless router

Old February 9th 04, 12:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tony

Default AOL + wireless router

Someone has said to me it is now possible to use a router on AOL. HAs anyone
done this??. If so what version of AOL is needed to do it. Any views will be
appreciated
Thanks

Old February 9th 04, 01:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Rumm

Tony wrote:
Someone has said to me it is now possible to use a router on AOL. HAs anyone
done this??. If so what version of AOL is needed to do it. Any views will be
appreciated

IIUC any router that does alows VPN passthrough should be OK. Latest
version of AOL (8 ?) works so I hear.

--
Cheers,

John.

Old February 9th 04, 02:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Reid

In message , Tony
writes
Someone has said to me it is now possible to use a router on AOL. HAs anyone
done this??. If so what version of AOL is needed to do it. Any views will be
appreciated
Thanks

For PCs AOL 7 works sort of; AOL 8 is much better and very stable and
AOL 9 (Beta) is fine as well.

If you have a Mac, as long as you set up your link using a PC based
account AOL for Mac OS X (ver 10) works fine as well, but you have no
access to BB content on AOL for some reason.

All the routers I have tried which can be configured for an MTU of 1400
or less have worked just fine. AOL however only support specific Thomson
routers -details and setup for AOL in the links below.

Wired

http://www-stg.aolsvc.co.uk/help/SpeedT510v4.htm

Wireless

http://www-stg.aolsvc.co.uk/help/Speed545.htm

Hope this helps

--
John
Mail sent to the reply address will be binned automatically.