Everywhere Broadband

Old February 9th 04, 05:33 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trevor Appleton

Default Everywhere Broadband

Just had an email from this company. (Satellite download)

Considering I am not likely to get ADSL broadband for several more years
here in rural Yorkshire, is this a good second best?

Old February 9th 04, 06:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Trevor Appleton wrote:
Just had an email from this company. (Satellite download)

Considering I am not likely to get ADSL broadband for several more
years here in rural Yorkshire, is this a good second best?

The installation is quite pricey. I wonder if the costs can be
significantly reduced if a sky system is already there. If you already have
sky, then it just requires a twin LNB and the pc card I think.

Old February 9th 04, 08:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trevor Appleton

"Beck" wrote in message

Trevor Appleton wrote:
Just had an email from this company. (Satellite download)

Considering I am not likely to get ADSL broadband for several more
years here in rural Yorkshire, is this a good second best?

The installation is quite pricey. I wonder if the costs can be
significantly reduced if a sky system is already there. If you already

have
sky, then it just requires a twin LNB and the pc card I think.

I have Sky. But will they reduce the cost?

Old February 9th 04, 10:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Trevor Appleton wrote:
"Beck" wrote in message

Trevor Appleton wrote:
Just had an email from this company. (Satellite download)

Considering I am not likely to get ADSL broadband for several more
years here in rural Yorkshire, is this a good second best?

The installation is quite pricey. I wonder if the costs can be
significantly reduced if a sky system is already there. If you
already have sky, then it just requires a twin LNB and the pc card I
think.

I have Sky. But will they reduce the cost?

Well you could get the work done yourself. Twin LNB costs about £30 I
think. Then you need the satellite pci card about £50 or so. I am assuming
that it uses the same satelite degree as Sky as they are offering it to
current sky subscribers. But the question is, will they reduce the install
cost if you install it yourself? Its possible they wont, in which case you
may as well utilise all that they are offering and let them install it.
£19.99 a month is a good price for satellite, but note that you still need a
dialup account as satellite is one way downloading only. So add to the
monthly cost what you already pay to your current isp. There also may be
restrictions on how much you can download in one day. Best check their
terms and conditions.

Old February 10th 04, 07:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Trevor Appleton

"Martin²" wrote in message
You may want to check if one of the wireless broadband operators is

planning
to come to your area.
Regards,
Martin

There's talk of a Community based wireless system here IF one is successful
in another town 20 mls away, but thats a lot of if's!