New to ADSL - Is my router OK?

Old February 9th 04, 08:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nik Marchetti

Default New to ADSL - Is my router OK?

I am considering getting an ADSL broadband connection with Zen
internet, and thereby getting 8 static IP addresses.

I currently have an EDIMAX BR-6104W Broadband router, but this does
not have a built in ADSL modem. If I get a standard ethernet ADSL
modem (I think Zen supply a D-Link) and connect this to the WAN port
of my EDIMAX router, will the router be able to give my LAN access to
the eight static IPs?

Or should I just buy a new ADSL enabled router like Zen suggest on
their website, and configure my EDIMAX to just give wireless access?

As you can tell, I'm new to ADSL having only had cable modem broadband
before.

If it makes any difference, the EDIMAX router says it supports PPPoE
or PPTP, whereas Zen say they need PPPoA...

Please help!!

Nik