HELP- Which Broadband ISP Using BT Line?

Old February 10th 04, 12:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rick

Default HELP- Which Broadband ISP Using BT Line?

Dear Subscribers,

Can anyone recommend a reliable and reasonable Broadband ISP apart
from BT or AOL I can sign up with using my conventional telephone
line.

Many Thanks.

Rick
Old February 10th 04, 12:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Jim Crowther

In message , Rick
writes:

Dear Subscribers,

Can anyone recommend a reliable and reasonable Broadband ISP apart
from BT or AOL I can sign up with using my conventional telephone
line.

Check out the ISPs (and there are quite a few) the more helpful posters
use.

--
Jim Crowther "It's MY computer" (tm SMG)
Avoid more swen by dumping your old Usenet addresses, and
Old February 10th 04, 08:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Guy Morgan

In message , Martin²
writes
PlusNet is recognised as reliable, responsive, yet one of the cheapest
ISP's:
from only £18.99 p.m.
(£21.99 if you need P2P and binary groups, in which case you can use my id
'jerryw' as a referrer and save me few pence).
Avoid large and expensive ISP's, like AOL, Freeserve, Tiscali etc. as their
customer service is usually near useless.
Regards,
Martin

I agree - PlusNet have been fine for me over the last 8 months. Line
drops - what are they? ATM my connection is showing over 12 days
stable running. I'm not aware of ever seeing a line drop but I did
switch off the router when I was away from home 12 days ago!

Cheers

Guy
--
Guy Morgan

First Light Services
Lighting Design Video Projects Technical Direction Consultancy
Old February 10th 04, 02:43 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Hewitt

Guy Morgan wrote:

Snipped Text
I agree - PlusNet have been fine for me over the last 8 months. Line
drops - what are they? ATM my connection is showing over 12 days
stable running. I'm not aware of ever seeing a line drop but I did
switch off the router when I was away from home 12 days ago!

I have to say that PlusNet get my vote too. Superb backup, and very good
prices.

--
Andy Hewitt ** FAF#1, (Ex-OSOS#5 - BMW K100RS 8v)
Honda Concerto 16v: Windows free zone (Mac G5 Dual Processor)