What new drivers are needed for this wireless card ??

Old February 10th 04, 02:39 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

Default What new drivers are needed for this wireless card ??

Which ones should be used from the origo site for this card - though the
card uses AMD drivers ??!!? (I have the one WITH OUT the detachable antenna)
:-

http://tinyurl.com/ysv7t

Drivers site :-

http://tinyurl.com/2g4ak

Old February 10th 04, 06:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth not NLL or anybody else.

"Dave" wrote in message
Which ones should be used from the origo site for this card - though the
card uses AMD drivers ??!!? (I have the one WITH OUT the detachable

antenna)
:-

http://tinyurl.com/ysv7t

Drivers site :-

http://tinyurl.com/2g4ak

Do you have the card fromthe ebuyer link???
if you do, u need the WLL-1300 drivers which are here.
http://www.origo2000.com/filedb/file...category&id=51

In the ebuyer discription it actually gives the name of it.

Gaz

Old February 11th 04, 01:22 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Gareth not NLL or anybody else." wrote in
message ...

"Dave" wrote in message
Which ones should be used from the origo site for this card - though the
card uses AMD drivers ??!!? (I have the one WITH OUT the detachable

antenna)
:-

http://tinyurl.com/ysv7t

Drivers site :-

http://tinyurl.com/2g4ak

Do you have the card fromthe ebuyer link???
if you do, u need the WLL-1300 drivers which are here.
http://www.origo2000.com/filedb/file...category&id=51

In the ebuyer discription it actually gives the name of it.

Yep well in that case they don't work, tried this one the other day and get
nowhere. I was hoping I had installed the wrong one but no

Old February 11th 04, 11:01 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

"Dave" wrote in message
Which ones should be used from the origo site for this card - though

the
card uses AMD drivers ??!!? (I have the one WITH OUT the detachable

antenna)
:-

http://tinyurl.com/ysv7t

Drivers site :-

http://tinyurl.com/2g4ak

Do you have the card fromthe ebuyer link???
if you do, u need the WLL-1300 drivers which are here.
http://www.origo2000.com/filedb/file...category&id=51

In the ebuyer discription it actually gives the name of it.

Yep well in that case they don't work, tried this one the other day and

get
nowhere. I was hoping I had installed the wrong one but no

Maybe worth trying one of the other ones there and see if they work.
There is also a setup utility which is at the bottom of the download page
for wireless
http://www.origo2000.com/filedb/file...on=file&id=182

What do you mean by not working???? does a yellow ! (exclamation mark) come
up in device manager? or does it just not connect???

Gaz

Old February 11th 04, 11:51 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Phillips

On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:39:43 -0000, "Dave" wrote:

Which ones should be used from the origo site for this card - though the
card uses AMD drivers ??!!? (I have the one WITH OUT the detachable antenna)
:-

http://tinyurl.com/2g4ak

Dave
Version 1.4 drivers did nothing for my machine (Win98SE) I notice
that a new version 1.6 driver has been posted today. I wonder if it'll
be any better?

Mark
Old February 11th 04, 08:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Mark Phillips" wrote in message
On Tue, 10 Feb 2004 14:39:43 -0000, "Dave" wrote:

Which ones should be used from the origo site for this card - though the
card uses AMD drivers ??!!? (I have the one WITH OUT the detachable

antenna)
:-

http://tinyurl.com/2g4ak

Dave
Version 1.4 drivers did nothing for my machine (Win98SE) I notice
that a new version 1.6 driver has been posted today. I wonder if it'll
be any better?

Yes I noticed the new driver and am getting somewhere but a long way to go.
At least the pc boots again with the card installed but at the moment I have
2 ad-hoc connected icons in taskbar and 1 on the laptop I'm connected
apparently but each time I go to IE or whatever I get prompted on the laptop
for the net connection

I've setup net sharing with xp on both pc's but although connected I can't
browse etc. Any ideas ? All this is a real headache, thought it was meant
to be easy!

Old February 12th 04, 10:13 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth not NLL or anybody else.

Yes I noticed the new driver and am getting somewhere but a long way to
go.
At least the pc boots again with the card installed but at the moment I

have
2 ad-hoc connected icons in taskbar and 1 on the laptop I'm connected
apparently but each time I go to IE or whatever I get prompted on the

laptop
for the net connection

I've setup net sharing with xp on both pc's but although connected I can't
browse etc. Any ideas ? All this is a real headache, thought it was meant
to be easy!

Have you set the laptop to never dial a connection???
If not, open IE click tools - Internet options - connections tab -
select never dial a connection.
You may also want to look in the local area network (LAN) settings. Remove
all the ticks from "Auto detect settings" "use automatic configuration
script" and "use proxy server for your LAN.

Let us know how you get on.

Gaz