Kensington WiFi Finder

Old February 10th 04, 07:18 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin

Default Kensington WiFi Finder

Is anyone selling the Kensington WiFi Finder in the UK yet (or a similar
device)?

MB

Old February 11th 04, 07:32 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
neil

yes

http://uk.insight.com/apps/quicksear...&criteria=wifi

cost 17.61

"Martin" wrote in message
. net...
Is anyone selling the Kensington WiFi Finder in the UK yet (or a similar
device)?

MB

---

Old February 11th 04, 06:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clint Sharp

In message , neil
writes
yes

http://uk.insight.com/apps/quicksear...&criteria=wifi

cost 17.61

Check the reviews though, one I found from a google search claims it's
not that good.

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/kensing...er-review.html
--
Clint Sharp
Old February 11th 04, 11:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin

Thanks for the suggestion of INSIGHT. Their price is good at 14.99GBP
but they want 24.99GBP to ship it to me!

HIGHLANDS AND OFFSHORE 2 DAY 24.95

Annoying thing is that it would probably get here quicker by First Class
Post. I am work at day so there is no one to accept a parcel by
whatever carrier they use which usually means they take back to their
base (70 miles away)!

Old February 12th 04, 01:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike E

Just wrote a letter to their customer services complaining about postage
costs. Disgusting.
Does anyone know of an alternative vendor? Tried for ages using google but
no luck.

Mike

. net...

Old February 13th 04, 07:30 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin

Clint Sharp wrote:
In message , neil
writes

yes

http://uk.insight.com/apps/quicksear...&criteria=wifi

cost 17.61

Check the reviews though, one I found from a google search claims it's
not that good.

http://www.the-gadgeteer.com/kensing...er-review.html

Interesting, at 17GBP it is worth a try but not when you add the
excesive postage. I don't understand why the reviewer criticises it for
not detecting T-Mobile - do they operate 802.11b and 802.11g networks?

MB

Old February 13th 04, 07:59 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Clint Sharp

In message , Martin
writes
Interesting, at 17GBP it is worth a try but not when you add the
excesive postage. I don't understand why the reviewer criticises it
for not detecting T-Mobile - do they operate 802.11b and 802.11g
networks?

Not the same T-Mobile maybe?

MB

--
Clint Sharp
Old February 13th 04, 11:07 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mike E

Found an alternative. Has a very good review. Smart ID Wifi detector.

http://www.geekextreme.com/modules.p...wcontent&id=98

Just ordered one from www.wirelespro.co.uk

Cost 27.45 including delivery.

Mike

. net...

Old February 13th 04, 05:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
MB

The message
from Clint Sharp contains these words:

In message , Martin
writes
Interesting, at 17GBP it is worth a try but not when you add the
excesive postage. I don't understand why the reviewer criticises it
for not detecting T-Mobile - do they operate 802.11b and 802.11g
networks?

Not the same T-Mobile maybe?

I don't know, that is why I asked.