Phone does not ring when connected through microfilter

Old February 10th 04, 07:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Philip

Default Phone does not ring when connected through microfilter

Installed ADSL router etc today on a 01224(Aberdeen) number. All went Ok
except phone does not ring when connected through filter.

Tried another filter - same result (admittedly same batch)
Phone 0800800151 who informed me there was a fault at exchange to be fixed
tomorrow
Another BT person phones back to say line checks OK and he does not know
about exchange problem.
Phone 0800800151 again - cannot trace original call
Report fault fresh and told had lots of calls from 01224 numbers with this
problem today - there is a line fault and a fault "someplace near your
property"
Another BT person phones back to say line checks OK and he does not know
about exchange problem.(again)

Does anyone know if there is a problem on some of the 01224 exchanges ?

JP

Old February 10th 04, 11:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

John Philip wrote:
Installed ADSL router etc today on a 01224(Aberdeen) number. All
went Ok except phone does not ring when connected through filter.

Tried another filter - same result (admittedly same batch)
Phone 0800800151 who informed me there was a fault at exchange to
be fixed tomorrow
Another BT person phones back to say line checks OK and he does not
know about exchange problem.
Phone 0800800151 again - cannot trace original call
Report fault fresh and told had lots of calls from 01224 numbers
with this problem today - there is a line fault and a fault
"someplace near your property"
Another BT person phones back to say line checks OK and he does not
know about exchange problem.(again)

Does anyone know if there is a problem on some of the 01224
exchanges ?

If the phone is ringing when the filter isn't in place i can be fairly sure
in saying that the filter is at fault (yes possible both of them)...

As for the droids, some of them don't even know which continent they are on
let alone what day of the week it is)...

Old February 11th 04, 08:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Philip

"Kráftéé" wrote in message
John Philip wrote:
[...]

Well swapped the filters for another brand and all is well. Then when I got
home I tested the duff filters on my own line (no ADSL on it ) and no
trouble getting my phones to ring. Puzzled ?

JP

Old February 11th 04, 08:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

John Philip wrote:
"Kráftéé" wrote in message
John Philip wrote:
Installed ADSL router etc today on a 01224(Aberdeen) number. All
went Ok except phone does not ring when connected through filter.

Tried another filter - same result (admittedly same batch)
Phone 0800800151 who informed me there was a fault at exchange to
be fixed tomorrow
Another BT person phones back to say line checks OK and he does
not know about exchange problem.
Phone 0800800151 again - cannot trace original call
Report fault fresh and told had lots of calls from 01224 numbers
with this problem today - there is a line fault and a fault
"someplace near your property"
Another BT person phones back to say line checks OK and he does
not know about exchange problem.(again)

Does anyone know if there is a problem on some of the 01224
exchanges ?

If the phone is ringing when the filter isn't in place i can be
fairly sure in saying that the filter is at fault (yes possible
both of them)...

Well swapped the filters for another brand and all is well. Then
when I got home I tested the duff filters on my own line (no ADSL
on it ) and no trouble getting my phones to ring. Puzzled ?

JP

Not really, I've heard of similar things with filters & also extension
sockets. I guess (& that's all it is) it's down to the actual tolerances on
the plug & sockets being wildly out so the pins don't make correct
contact...