computer tech in Manchester?

Old February 10th 04, 05:36 PM posted to uk.local.manchester,uk.telecom.broadband
Jacquih

Default computer tech in Manchester?

Can anyone recommend a decent computer technician in the Manchester area who
actually WANTS the work? I want a wireless broadband network setting up
(broadband is activated) between 2 desktop machines. I could probably do it
myself but I'd rather pay for someone to come in and do it quickly and
efficiently and knows what to do if they come across any snags. Of 5
companies I found who all advertised networking and repairs, only 1 replied
to my email. They quoted a relatively high price but at least they could
supply all the equipment too. Now the broadband is activated, I emailed
them 3 days ago asking them how soon they could do it as it's fairly
urgent - and of course no damn reply!

Old February 10th 04, 08:13 PM posted to uk.local.manchester,uk.telecom.broadband
BRG

"Jacquih" wrote in
:

Can anyone recommend a decent computer technician in the
Manchester area who actually WANTS the work? I want a wireless
broadband network setting up (broadband is activated) between 2
desktop machines. I could probably do it myself but I'd rather
pay for someone to come in and do it quickly and efficiently and
knows what to do if they come across any snags. Of 5 companies I
found who all advertised networking and repairs, only 1 replied
to my email. They quoted a relatively high price but at least
they could supply all the equipment too. Now the broadband is
activated, I emailed them 3 days ago asking them how soon they
could do it as it's fairly urgent - and of course no damn reply!

Me, contact via my web site.

--
BRG
===

Old February 11th 04, 05:30 PM posted to uk.local.manchester,uk.telecom.broadband
Ferger

nick secured a place in history by writing:

all you need is two pci cards and use ICS. really a doddle.

Right. And you just lost 99% of the Broadband owning public already.

Old February 11th 04, 06:55 PM posted to uk.local.manchester,uk.telecom.broadband
Bill Gates

Have you tried carrier pigeons yet?

Old February 11th 04, 08:40 PM posted to uk.local.manchester,uk.telecom.broadband
Rusty

Bill Gates wrote:

Have you tried carrier pigeons yet?

A bit tough, and you could choke on the bones.
Old February 14th 04, 07:05 AM posted to uk.local.manchester,uk.telecom.broadband
Jacquih

Ferger wrote:

nick secured a place in history by writing:

all you need is two pci cards and use ICS. really a doddle.

Right. And you just lost 99% of the Broadband owning public already.

OK, it's been done - and no, I wouldn't have been able to do it on my own!