What type of Line is this

Old February 11th 04, 05:02 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

Default What type of Line is this

I asked a friend in Canada to use the ADSL speed test as he was
getting remarkable download times but lousy upload times.

The results leve me confused as to the kind of service he would be
connected to:
Downstream Actual Speed: 623 (77.9) True 672
Upstream Actual 174 (21.8) True 187

What sort of service would this be?

DAVID BRADLEY
Old February 11th 04, 09:19 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
F F Skitty

"David Bradley" wrote in message
news
I asked a friend in Canada to use the ADSL speed test as he was
getting remarkable download times but lousy upload times.

The results leve me confused as to the kind of service he would be
connected to:
Downstream Actual Speed: 623 (77.9) True 672
Upstream Actual 174 (21.8) True 187

What sort of service would this be?

Seems to me like it might be 1 Mbps ADSL (1 Mbps d/s and 256 kbps up/s)
connection but only getting roughly 2/3 of that "theoretical max" in
practice both ways. Low capacity ISP, perhaps?