Wires-only ADSL (no email,news,web,etc services)

Old February 11th 04, 10:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Default Wires-only ADSL (no email,news,web,etc services)

In article m,
[email protected] (Rusty) wrote:

Depends on whether you want the IP address to be static.

BTBB provide connectivity only, but you can't buy a static IP address

from
them.

The OP didn't specify.
You can always use a DDNS name service with a dynamic address.
Chris

It's a bit hard to setup an email server on a dynamic ip address as a
lot of companies block mail from dynamic IP pools.

IME very few do.

AOL is the only one that I can NEVER deliver to.

- Steve

10km or more : no .sig
Old February 11th 04, 11:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rusty

Steve wrote:

In article m,
[email protected] (Rusty) wrote:

It's a bit hard to setup an email server on a dynamic ip address as a
lot of companies block mail from dynamic IP pools.

IME very few do.

AOL is the only one that I can NEVER deliver to.

Maybe you don't email many *companies*?
Old February 12th 04, 10:50 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steve

Steve wrote:

In article m,
[email protected] (Rusty) wrote:

It's a bit hard to setup an email server on a dynamic ip address as a
lot of companies block mail from dynamic IP pools.

IME very few do.

AOL is the only one that I can NEVER deliver to.

Maybe you don't email many *companies*?

All day every day !!

Steve