Safe to assume I passed the line test?

Old February 11th 04, 03:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rog

Default Safe to assume I passed the line test?

Hi,
I have just moved house to a village location and when I initially decided
to buy the house I found out the current owners phone number and ran it
through the ADSL availability checker. The result was that although the
local exchange had been recently enabled, I was too far away.
Fast forward through 3 months of homebuyer hell and I'm finally in the new
place and just for kicks I ran my new phone number through the checker and
it's now decided I am close enough to get a 512/256 connection. I signed up
and last week I received an email saying I had been approved by BT and I
was given an activation date of 3 days ago. I am still looking at a
blinking light on my ADSL modem and the ISP is waiting to hear back from BT
as to what the delay is with my activation. Can I assume that I have passed
the line test if it has got this far and that BT are just a bit behind with
activations in my area?
Rog.

Old February 11th 04, 04:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"Rog" wrote in message

Can I assume that I have passed the line test if it has got this far and

that BT are just a bit behind with
activations in my area?

No, I'm afraid not.

Jc.

Old February 11th 04, 10:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tom Buchanan

"Josey" wrote in message

"Rog" wrote in message

Can I assume that I have passed the line test if it has got this far

and
that BT are just a bit behind with
activations in my area?

No, I'm afraid not.

Jc.

Josey,

Please make sure you have connected up filters correctly. Try and test by
having PC near NTE, and apply filter, connect modem to data part of filter
and connect your phones, sky and any oyher apparatus to phone side of
filter. I did this and found my set up wrong. HTH

Tom Buchanan

Old February 11th 04, 10:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
JMUGGALI

"Rog" wrote in message
[...]

sounds daft but have you reboted your pc since? as I did this and I found
that when I rebooted all was connected

Old February 12th 04, 07:56 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rog

"Tom Buchanan" wrote in
:

Please make sure you have connected up filters correctly. Try and test
by having PC near NTE, and apply filter, connect modem to data part of
filter and connect your phones, sky and any oyher apparatus to phone
side of filter. I did this and found my set up wrong. HTH

Tom Buchanan

Thanks for the good advice but I checked all this out already, I'm pretty
confident my set-up is good as it was used at my old address for ADSL. The
ISP has now confirmed that I havn't actually been activated yet and BT are
blaming "technical problems at the exchange". I've been promised a phone
call from the ISP as soon as they know when it will be sorted, so I guess I
have to wait it out for now, still doesn't stop me running upstairs every
15 mins to see if that damn light has stopped flashing on the modem tho
Rog.
Old February 12th 04, 09:43 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Josey

"Tom Buchanan" wrote in message

Josey,

Please make sure you have connected up filters correctly.

My filters work fine, the OP has the problem ;-)

Jc.