Datastream vs IP Stream

Old February 11th 04, 04:24 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

Default Datastream vs IP Stream

Once I have ADSL (reference my earlier HH-ADSL thread) I was torn
between sticking with Demon and going for their 512k service or either
Nildram or Zen (512 or 1Mb I am uable to decide).

I'm assuming all these are IPStream products.

I noticed in recent threads the Central Point 1MB offer
(http://www.cpbb.co.uk) wich seems a worthwhile consideration (although
they don't offer managed HH conversions). This I take it is a Datastream
product with contention controlled by CentralPoint/Telefonica rather
than BT.

Apart from the decision of whether 1MB is worth it over 512K how much of
a difference if any would an "average Joe" see between an IP Stream and
Datastream products ?

I guess its worth asking again if 1MB over 512 is really worth it ? Its
mainly e-mail, news and web stuff with the odd major download but
nothing much with current usage.

Thanks as ever for help and input.

--
Please reply to group - e-mail replies will not be seen.

Old February 11th 04, 05:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Ferger

secured a place in history by writing:

I guess its worth asking again if 1MB over 512 is really worth it ? Its
mainly e-mail, news and web stuff with the odd major download but
nothing much with current usage.

Personally I don't think so. I'm tempted, but I doubt I'd see any real
difference - WWW, Mail and News are as near instantaneous as makes no
difference and I too rarely download big stuff (and if I did, I'd leave it
running and go and do something else)

Streaming video would perhaps be better in some cases,but I rarely do that
either (apart from BBC News type RP stuff, which is no problem)