modem router to send a 9

Old February 11th 04, 04:07 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Martin Smith

Default modem router to send a 9

I have just got back from trying an install in an office which
has had their fax line adsl activated, but it is on a bt feature
line, I am told that we will need to send a 9 to connect, the SMC
router I got cannot do that, are there any decent modem routers that
can send a 9, or do we need to get the line disconnected from the
feature circuit, which is what I suspect may be the case?
Thanks for any advice

--
Martin Smith
Old February 11th 04, 06:08 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rupert

"Martin Smith" wrote in message
k...

I have just got back from trying an install in an office which
has had their fax line adsl activated, but it is on a bt feature
line, I am told that we will need to send a 9 to connect, the SMC
router I got cannot do that, are there any decent modem routers that
can send a 9, or do we need to get the line disconnected from the
feature circuit, which is what I suspect may be the case?
Thanks for any advice

a) I wouldn't have thought the feature line service would have made any
difference.

b) ADSL modems don't dial a number in the first place - do they?

Old February 11th 04, 06:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lurch

On Wed, 11 Feb 2004 16:07:52 +0000, Martin Smith
wrote:

I have just got back from trying an install in an office which
has had their fax line adsl activated, but it is on a bt feature
line, I am told that we will need to send a 9 to connect, the SMC
router I got cannot do that, are there any decent modem routers that
can send a 9, or do we need to get the line disconnected from the
feature circuit, which is what I suspect may be the case?
Thanks for any advice

I think you may have got your wires crossed. You are trying to plug
into the ADSL side of the filter aren't you? Assuming you've got that
far.
I didn't think ADSL lines had numbers that could be dialled, I may be
wrong though!
I think connection errors or BT problems are the cause of your fault
here.

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.
Old February 11th 04, 07:32 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Kráftéé

Martin Smith wrote:
I have just got back from trying an install in an office which
has had their fax line adsl activated, but it is on a bt feature
line, I am told that we will need to send a 9 to connect, the SMC
router I got cannot do that, are there any decent modem routers that
can send a 9, or do we need to get the line disconnected from the
feature circuit, which is what I suspect may be the case?
Thanks for any advice

Firstly, at one stage you couldn't have DSL provided on featurenet lines (no
I don't know the reasons why)...

Secondly your DSL modem doesn't actually dial any number, it's just a by
product of using a DUN to connect...

Thirdly, if anything you could try 0,38 in the number box...

Fourthly, if this is a self install, over 85% of the faults attended are
caused by incorrect placement of filters or equipment not being filtered.
All installs are now tested at the exchange before being connected to the
end users line which catches most problems (remember DSL will work over
lines in-capable of carrying any type of analogue telephone service)..

All in all I would suspsect something isn't right on site

Old February 12th 04, 12:14 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Mark Undrill

"Martin Smith" wrote in message
k...

I have just got back from trying an install in an office which
has had their fax line adsl activated, but it is on a bt feature
line, I am told that we will need to send a 9 to connect, the SMC
router I got cannot do that, are there any decent modem routers that
can send a 9, or do we need to get the line disconnected from the
feature circuit, which is what I suspect may be the case?
Thanks for any advice

--
Martin Smith

We have our Feature Line ADSL enabled and it is used as a Fax line as
well. You don't need to dial a 9, in fact I don't think you can. I
suggest you look elsewhere for your problem.

--
Mark Undrill
Affirm Limited