BT activation

Old February 11th 04, 06:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SOGGY

Default BT activation

Why does it take BT 3 weeks to switch my line over to ADSL? Is this because
I am going with another ISP and they want me to sweat a bit first?

I called BT and got through to there Broadband dept who said for me to take
it up with my ISP. My ISP said they chase BT daily and still nothing.

Is there a central number I can call and open up some whoop ass? I am dying
to try out my new ADSL modem/wireless router from Belkin which set me back a
few beers! (and a nagging wife).
--

With regards
Paul M. Sargent

Messenger:
Website:
www.xsoggyx.co.uk
Site Stats: http://www.nedstatbasic.net/s?tab=1&link=1&id=2739223

Looking for that special gift?
http://www.xsoggyx.co.uk/PGI.htm

****ALL E-MAILS ARE VIRUS CHECKED WITH NORTON 2003****

E-Bay listings
http://cgi6.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI....sort=3&rows=25

Old February 11th 04, 08:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"SOGGY" wrote in message
Why does it take BT 3 weeks to switch my line over to ADSL? Is this

because
I am going with another ISP and they want me to sweat a bit first?

No.

Which ISP are you joining?

Do you have ISDN/Home Highway? - these take longer than normal lines

BT often do lines in advance of the official date so just keep trying...

Is there a central number I can call and open up some whoop ass?

No.

I am dying
to try out my new ADSL modem/wireless router from Belkin which set me back

few beers! (and a nagging wife).

The Wireless part of the Belkin can be set up now and used now - its only
the adsl which won't work yet..

Regards
Sunil

Old February 11th 04, 09:37 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
SOGGY

I am joining fireflyuk.net I currently have wireless DSL but at 47 for 512
it is now a bit much. Got my BT line installed a few months back now want to
swap over ISP.

I know my router will serve but my old connection still needs to be active
until I fully switch over. Are BT playing with me? My Cousin down the road
got BT Broadband and it took 5 days. I have waited 1 week so far and have
been told about the 20th I should be online.

Old February 11th 04, 09:49 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"SOGGY" wrote in message
I am joining fireflyuk.net I currently have wireless DSL but at 47 for

512
it is now a bit much. Got my BT line installed a few months back now want

swap over ISP.

I know my router will serve but my old connection still needs to be active
until I fully switch over. Are BT playing with me? My Cousin down the road
got BT Broadband and it took 5 days. I have waited 1 week so far and have
been told about the 20th I should be online.

BT are normally much quicker at enabling lines.

It could be that fireflyuk.net use DataStream instead of IPStream in which
case that is the delay (i.e. especially if that ISP has no other customers
at your exchange) - in which case its not BT's fault but I have no idea what
fireflyuk.net actually uses for backhaul.

You can see when BT received the order online at
https://www.cs-server1.bt.com/hhway-...UM=...&TELNUM=...

replacing the two ... with your customer number and telephone number (in
caps)

This will also allow you to see if the order is IPStream/DataStream

Regards
Sunil