HH managed conversion

Old February 12th 04, 01:01 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
R W

Default HH managed conversion

Hi,

I'm getting an ADSL service from A&A and they have given me an
activation date of 18 Feb. The line is currently a HH line, and they are
doing a "managed" conversion.

Now, although A&A haven't told me so, I assume I have to be at home on
the 18th so the BT bloke can come round and remove the HH gubbins and
test the line. Is this usual? If so I wonder why A&A haven't told me.

I just checked on the BT order status checker at

https://www.cs-server1.bt.com/hhway-...NUM=...&TELNUM

and they say they have an appointment to do the work between 8am and
10:30am so I definitely assumé I need to be at home.

But I've not received the modem & filters from A&A yet, will the line be
activated as soon as the test is complete?

Old February 12th 04, 01:05 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alex Bloor

R W wrote:

I'm getting an ADSL service from A&A and they have given me an
activation date of 18 Feb. The line is currently a HH line, and they are
doing a "managed" conversion.

Now, although A&A haven't told me so, I assume I have to be at home on
the 18th so the BT bloke can come round and remove the HH gubbins and
test the line. Is this usual? If so I wonder why A&A haven't told me.

The best thing to do would probably be to ask this in
uk.net.providers.aaisp, or maybe better to give A&A's customer services
people a quick ring They don't bite g.

(snip)

Alex.

Old February 12th 04, 02:54 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

R W wrote:
I'm getting an ADSL service from A&A and they have given me an
activation date of 18 Feb. The line is currently a HH line, and they are
doing a "managed" conversion.

I just checked on the BT order status checker [...]
and they say they have an appointment to do the work between 8am and
10:30am so I definitely assumé I need to be at home.

Someone will need to be at home, yes, so that the BT engineer can remove
the HH box and test the resulting "raw" line. If the test fails, your
HH box will be replaced and your ADSL order cancelled (at no cost to
you). If the test succeeds the line will be active from that point on.

You really don't want a router or filters until the line's been converted,
just in case it can't be converted. (Or maybe you can return the goods
for a full refund.)

Chris

Old February 16th 04, 07:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

Ian Nelson wrote:

How much does it cost to get HH removed?

Ian

AIUI, UKP50 to have it converted back to a PSTN line - or nothing to cancel
it altogether provided you have had HH for at least 12 months.
--
Cheers,
Tim

Old February 16th 04, 10:21 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tiscali Tim

Ian Nelson wrote:

How much does it cost to get HH removed?

Ian

AIUI, UKP50 to have it converted back to a PSTN line - or nothing to
cancel it altogether provided you have had HH for at least 12 months.
--
Cheers,
Tim
______

So if i want ADSL then I guess that's converting it and hence £50?

cheers

Ian

Yes. If you cancel it altogether, it will cost even more to have a new voice
line installed before you can have ADSL.
--
Cheers,
Tim