broadband checker confusion

Old February 12th 04, 01:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Default broadband checker confusion

My main telephone number comes up with "your exchange is enabled and you may
be able to get 512kb adsl but NOT 1or 2mb. (line tests have subsequently
failed)

My isdn phone number says "you are too far from exchange"

BUT if I put in my isdn digital number, it says " your exchange is enabled,
AND initial tests suggest you will get broadband up to 2mb!!!"

Here is my confusion. Is it possible to get adsl installed on my digital
part of my line and not the analogue part?

Can anyone please explain the problem here?

Old February 12th 04, 01:47 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Chris

Here is my confusion. Is it possible to get adsl installed on my digital
part of my line and not the analogue part?

No. ADSL can only be installed on an analogue line.

Old February 12th 04, 01:52 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Chris wrote:
Here is my confusion. Is it possible to get adsl installed on my
digital part of my line and not the analogue part?

No. ADSL can only be installed on an analogue line.

Why the anomalies then? If I cannot trust the website to give me a correct
result, then how can I trust that BT are dong the line test correctly?

Old February 12th 04, 02:25 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Beck" wrote in message
Chris wrote:
Here is my confusion. Is it possible to get adsl installed on my
digital part of my line and not the analogue part?

No. ADSL can only be installed on an analogue line.

Why the anomalies then? If I cannot trust the website to give me a

correct
result, then how can I trust that BT are dong the line test correctly?

All 3 Home Highway numbers are actually coming down the same physical wire..
(which is what counts - not the number)

When you failed before, you will have applied on your analogue line - hence
the checker will have updated records for that number but it doesn't
automatically associate the other numbers with that result

Regards
Sunil