Plusnet or Nildram, which would you recommend

Old February 12th 04, 02:44 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Darren Lambert

Default Plusnet or Nildram, which would you recommend

Hi everyone

I have had 512 BB for a year with Virgin.net.
I work from home so BB is very important for me.
I am about to move house and won't be renewing with Virgin as they have had
a few problems of late.

I need a reliable connection, P2P and VPN.
I don't need a static IP address, and only need one IP address as I have a
router.

I understand Plusnet and Nildram to be two of the best.
What would you guys suggest though?

Thanks

Darren

Old February 12th 04, 03:16 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
F F Skitty

"Darren Lambert" wrote in message
Hi everyone

I have had 512 BB for a year with Virgin.net.
I work from home so BB is very important for me.
I am about to move house and won't be renewing with Virgin as they have

had
a few problems of late.

I need a reliable connection, P2P and VPN.
I don't need a static IP address, and only need one IP address as I have a
router.

I understand Plusnet and Nildram to be two of the best.
What would you guys suggest though?

Thanks

Darren

I'm going to move from ClaraNet, and after having looked into this and asked
around for a while, I think to PlusNet.

Zen was also a close contender for me, but I felt more reassured by the
range of services offered by PlusNet - and their quick responses and
positive but non-pressuring attitudes to my pre-sales questions.

Old February 12th 04, 11:36 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Alan Brown

"Darren Lambert" wrote in message
Hi everyone

I have had 512 BB for a year with Virgin.net.
I work from home so BB is very important for me.
I am about to move house and won't be renewing with Virgin as they have

had
a few problems of late.

plus.net - been with them for two years.

alan

Old February 13th 04, 10:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob S

On Thu, 12 Feb 2004 15:41:16 -0000, "fred bloggs"
wrote:

-vouch for Plus as being superb. VPN to work ok. Reliable, good tech support
-if you do need it (which I haven't so far)

Can I ask the obvious question here then?

rgds

-Rob
robatwork at mail dot com
Old February 15th 04, 09:06 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Tim

OK I gotta ask..

What's the difference between the Plusnet 1mb home package and the 1mb home
worker apart from it being 7 more?

I'm sure there must be something but i'll be darned if I can spot it

"fred bloggs" wrote in message

"Darren Lambert" wrote in message
Hi everyone

I have had 512 BB for a year with Virgin.net.
I work from home so BB is very important for me.
I am about to move house and won't be renewing with Virgin as they have

had
a few problems of late.

I need a reliable connection, P2P and VPN.
I don't need a static IP address, and only need one IP address as I have

router.

I understand Plusnet and Nildram to be two of the best.
What would you guys suggest though?

Thanks

Darren

Hi Darren
I have no experience of Nildram so can't comment either way. However, I

can
vouch for Plus as being superb. VPN to work ok. Reliable, good tech

support
if you do need it (which I haven't so far) and consistent speed. Not too

hot
for newsgroups, but I understand that they are just installing new

hardware
to improve this.

I have the 2M homeworker package and also use Onspeed over that. Goes like

bat out of hell, particularly for downloading and web pages pdfs etc.
peaking at 2Mbytes (yes 2Mbytes - that's around 9Mbits/sec) but usually
about 800 K Bytes/sec

If you do go to plus, please use me as a referrer (hastings1066) - they

may
cut a couple of pence off my rental - oh incidentally, you can have it on

monthly contract as well if you want

Old February 16th 04, 01:04 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Rob S

-
- Can I ask the obvious question here then?
-
- rgds
-
- -Rob
-Which is.......?

If I *must*..... how do you know tech support is good if you haven't used
it....?

-Rob
robatwork at mail dot com