blinking green light on modem

Old February 12th 04, 07:26 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Default blinking green light on modem

Hi all,

Tonight I may be helping a friend setup their Broadband. They are not
expected to be activated till tomorrow, but will setup early in case it gets
activated early.
Now I know that if its not activated, then the modem light (speedtouch 330)
will blink green on and off. But could there be another cause to the
blinking light, like a bad installation?
I dont want to get the blinking light and leave it till tomorrow to find it
was not an activation problem after all but something else causing the
problem.

Old February 12th 04, 09:20 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth not NLL or anybody else.

"Beck" wrote in message
Hi all,

Tonight I may be helping a friend setup their Broadband. They are not
expected to be activated till tomorrow, but will setup early in case it

gets
activated early.
Now I know that if its not activated, then the modem light (speedtouch

330)
will blink green on and off. But could there be another cause to the
blinking light, like a bad installation?
I dont want to get the blinking light and leave it till tomorrow to find

it
was not an activation problem after all but something else causing the
problem.

I would seriosly leave it till tomorrow.
There is no way of telling untill the line has been activated (as far as i
know)
If it ain't broke don't fix it
Gaz

Old February 12th 04, 09:58 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Beck

Gareth not NLL or anybody else. wrote:
"Beck" wrote in message
Hi all,

Tonight I may be helping a friend setup their Broadband. They are
not expected to be activated till tomorrow, but will setup early in
case it gets activated early.
Now I know that if its not activated, then the modem light
(speedtouch 330) will blink green on and off. But could there be
another cause to the blinking light, like a bad installation?
I dont want to get the blinking light and leave it till tomorrow to
find it was not an activation problem after all but something else
causing the problem.

I would seriosly leave it till tomorrow.
There is no way of telling untill the line has been activated (as far
as i know)
If it ain't broke don't fix it

Its working. Everything is fine, all setup okay and activated a day early