New router

Old February 13th 04, 11:41 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Edward Turners brother

Default New router

I have just got myself a new router in anticipation of a new 2mb
connection going live next week.
My old trusty BT squashed Frog no sits in the corner.
After 15 mins or so of configuring the new router I was ready to try
it out.
To use the French term: "It's ****ING AMAZING"
Just by changing the old modem to a new router has transformed my
surfing experience. Everything happens so much quicker. Even though
the results from "speed test" pages remain the same the end result is
very different. I am now wondering if I really needed to upgrade the
connection from 512k to 2mb.

Happy Boy

Ed

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

Old February 13th 04, 02:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband

What is the brand and model of your new router and modem, respectively?

--
Firefox, probably the best browser in this world
Old February 13th 04, 02:59 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
anc

Edward Turners brother wrote:

I have just got myself a new router in anticipation of a new 2mb
connection going live next week.
My old trusty BT squashed Frog no sits in the corner.
After 15 mins or so of configuring the new router I was ready to try
it out.
To use the French term: "It's ****ING AMAZING"
Just by changing the old modem to a new router has transformed my
surfing experience. Everything happens so much quicker. Even though
the results from "speed test" pages remain the same the end result is
very different. I am now wondering if I really needed to upgrade the
connection from 512k to 2mb.

Happy Boy

Ed

The router wont make your connection any faster as the "speed test pages"
have shown. Probably what is happening is that your adsl/router doesn't
load your computers performance as much as your usb alcatel frog did. What
make/model router did you buy anyway?

Old February 14th 04, 01:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Edward Turners brother

On Fri, 13 Feb 2004 21:56:37 +0800, "[email protected]"
wrote:

What is the brand and model of your new router and modem, respectively?

Edward Turners brother said the following:

I have just got myself a new router in anticipation of a new 2mb
connection going live next week.
My old trusty BT squashed Frog no sits in the corner.
After 15 mins or so of configuring the new router I was ready to try
it out.
To use the French term: "It's ****ING AMAZING"
Just by changing the old modem to a new router has transformed my
surfing experience. Everything happens so much quicker. Even though
the results from "speed test" pages remain the same the end result is
very different. I am now wondering if I really needed to upgrade the
connection from 512k to 2mb.

Happy Boy

Ed

The Worlds Uncensored News Source

I now have an Alcatel Speedtouch 510 v4.
Day 2 and I'm still very happy!