unable to access microsoft outlook web access via bt broadband

Old February 13th 04, 05:15 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Angus C

Default unable to access microsoft outlook web access via bt broadband

Anyone know why I can't access
microsoft outlook web access via bt broadband ?
It won't work on any of the 3 pc's on my network.

Router seems correctly configured as all pc's can access other https sites

https://emea.mail.microsoft.com/exchange

This is the link, I just get page cannot be displayed.

Any ideas gratefully received

angusc

Old February 14th 04, 10:04 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth Jones

In message , John Rumm
writes
Anyone know why I can't access
microsoft outlook web access via bt broadband ?
It won't work on any of the 3 pc's on my network.
Router seems correctly configured as all pc's can access other
https sites

Are you sure you are not trying to do this in the was that requires
exposure of the MS networking RPC ports? If so (other than this being a
very dodgy way of accessing remote mail) many ISPs now block these
ports to curtail spread of things like the Blaster worm.

Strangely, my work has just changed its MS exchange web access from http
to https because apparently people using NTL couldn't get it to work !?!

I was going to suggest checking with your ISP ..... but you're with BT,
so maybe you could save some time and just turn around and ask the wall
behind you......
;-)

followed by 'uk2' followed by a dot
followed by 'net'
Old February 14th 04, 09:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Angus C

"Gareth Jones" wrote in message
In message , John Rumm
writes
Anyone know why I can't access
microsoft outlook web access via bt broadband ?
It won't work on any of the 3 pc's on my network.
Router seems correctly configured as all pc's can access other
https sites

Are you sure you are not trying to do this in the was that requires
exposure of the MS networking RPC ports? If so (other than this being a
very dodgy way of accessing remote mail) many ISPs now block these
ports to curtail spread of things like the Blaster worm.

Strangely, my work has just changed its MS exchange web access from http
to https because apparently people using NTL couldn't get it to work !?!

I was going to suggest checking with your ISP ..... but you're with BT,
so maybe you could save some time and just turn around and ask the wall
behind you......
;-)

many thanks for all your replies.
Tried portscanning too but that just died!