Linksys is USELESS!

Old February 13th 04, 05:29 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Greg

Default Linksys is USELESS!

I have recently bought some wireless Linksys stuff and was unable to
get it to work. The support staff at linksys have todate ignored 9
emails and are trying to avoid the incident. They are USELESS! Beware
of their products!
Old February 13th 04, 07:46 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Edward

A well known issue I'm afraid. I emailed UK Linksys tec support on June 1st
and Linksys tec support on June 7th with an enquiry about driver update and
got a completely useless reply from Linksys tec support on December 28th. I
had poor experience with them before that.

Best response I've had recently is from HP - they aim to respond within two
hours and I've had two prompt and very helpful and accurate responses, one
on a printer enquiry and one on a PC issue.

Old February 15th 04, 10:52 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Eric Lee

My own experience is somewhat different:
My Linksys products worked immediately, still worked after a couple of
F/W upgrades and my own email to support was answered in a reasonable
period of time, albeit with a "no, that doesn't work on the new model"
but it was an accurate answer and means I know not to buy the new model.

Regards

Eric lee

Old February 16th 04, 10:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Albrow, Sam J

"Greg" wrote in message
om...
I have recently bought some wireless Linksys stuff and was unable to
get it to work. The support staff at linksys have todate ignored 9
emails and are trying to avoid the incident. They are USELESS! Beware
of their products!

Interesting considering they are the consumer arm of CISCO I belive, you
could try emailing them - don't know how good cisco support is but would be
suprised if it is bad considering how expensive the kit is.

Sam

---
If you have any queries regarding this email please contact Horshamnet on
08708811293.