Single/Multi User Broadband?

Old February 13th 04, 10:19 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Siggy Rhetts

Default Single/Multi User Broadband?

I have always found AOL's Customer Service to be spot-on! (imho) And AOL an
excellent ADSL provider - is it just me?
Old February 16th 04, 12:00 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Albrow, Sam J

"Siggy Rhetts" wrote in message
I have always found AOL's Customer Service to be spot-on! (imho) And AOL

an
excellent ADSL provider - is it just me?

I'm sure they are but you can't share AOL broadband in the same way as every
other provider under the sun, it uses annoying special aol software where
every other provider allows you to use DUN or router to connect and its not
cheap either.

Other than that and the heavy subsidy on beer mats \ coasters users have to
pay for i'm sure its great.

SAm

---
If you have any queries regarding this email please contact Horshamnet on
08708811293. This email have been certified Virus free using AVG

Old February 16th 04, 01:13 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Reid

In an usenet message, "Albrow, Sam J"
writes

I'm sure they are but you can't share AOL broadband in the same way as every
other provider under the sun, it uses annoying special aol software where
every other provider allows you to use DUN or router to connect and its not
cheap either.

Sorry to tell you are incorrect with this comment, AOL now supports
"normal" connection via a router or ADSL modem, although this has only
been the case since the start of 2004. Presently they only offer support
for Thomson products connected in this way, but I (and others here) have
used a number of other products with the AOL service. You no longer need
to use any AOL software at all to gain access, You do still need the AOL
software if you wish to access their content.

--
John
Mail sent to the reply address will be binned automatically.