Cheapest place for a Draytek Vigor 2500 and differences with 2600?

Old February 15th 04, 12:05 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tHatDudeUK

Default Cheapest place for a Draytek Vigor 2500 and differences with 2600?

I know where to get the 2600 for 140.99 inclusive. Not sure whether to go
for the 2500 or 2600.

From what I can tell these features are missing on the 2500.

-Full Routing (non-NAT) Mode to allow for allocated public IP subnets
-Multi-NAT - allows one-to-one mapping of multiple public to private IP
addresses
-SNMP version 2 Protocol management/logging
-VPN features.

I defintely don't need the VPN features but not sure about the others (or if
i missed any of the differences.) Also wouldn't make much use of the SNMP
logging. Multi-NAT could be useful but then again I don't really need that
with NAT and just a few PC's.

Also, are the guts the same (ie. modem and stuff operating to the same level
of quality and tolerances or whatever.)

All I'll be doing is running a few PC's (internet sharing etc) off it and
hopefully a web server. I'd also want to use some sort of VNC client from my
main PC to my linux server.

Regards,

tHatDudeUK

Old February 15th 04, 12:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steven Campbell

"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message
I know where to get the 2600 for 140.99 inclusive. Not sure whether to go
for the 2500 or 2600.

From what I can tell these features are missing on the 2500.

Where can you get the 2600 for that price inclusive?

http://www.draytek.co.uk/products/router_compare.shtml has the differences
between the two

cheers

Steven.

Old February 15th 04, 01:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tHatDudeUK

"Steven Campbell" wrote in message
Where can you get the 2600 for that price inclusive?

www.dsl-source.co.uk but shhh, i might want to get one and I don't want to
order one only to find their stock cleared out ;-)

Old February 15th 04, 06:54 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Nick Shaw

"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message

"Steven Campbell" wrote in message
Where can you get the 2600 for that price inclusive?

www.dsl-source.co.uk but shhh, i might want to get one and I don't want to
order one only to find their stock cleared out ;-)

When I brought my 2600We, I got it from www.dslsource.co.uk (note wrong URI
above). Great service, the cheapest I could find and I picked it up from
their offices. Would thoroughly recommend them

Cheers

Nick

Old February 15th 04, 09:55 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
David Bradley

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 01:36:24 -0000, "tHatDudeUK"
wrote:

"Steven Campbell" wrote in message
Where can you get the 2600 for that price inclusive?

www.dsl-source.co.uk but shhh, i might want to get one and I don't want to
order one only to find their stock cleared out ;-)

They are probably the cheapest source out there being a couple of quid
or so lower than their nearest rival but their pricing a few moments
ago goes like this:
2600 = 119.99
Delivery = 5
VAT = 21.88
TOTAL = 146.87

Old February 15th 04, 04:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tHatDudeUK

"Nick Shaw" wrote in message

"tHatDudeUK" wrote in message
www.dsl-source.co.uk but shhh, i might want to get one and I don't want

order one only to find their stock cleared out ;-)

When I brought my 2600We, I got it from www.dslsource.co.uk (note wrong

URI
above). Great service, the cheapest I could find and I picked it up from
their offices. Would thoroughly recommend them

Yes, apologies for incorrect URL :-S

Old February 15th 04, 04:45 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
tHatDudeUK

"David Bradley" wrote in message
They are probably the cheapest source out there being a couple of quid
or so lower than their nearest rival but their pricing a few moments
ago goes like this:
2600 = 119.99
Delivery = 5
VAT = 21.88
TOTAL = 146.87

Choose the free next day delivery option...