BT New phone Line Install Time...

Old February 15th 04, 02:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Adrian Cantrill

Default BT New phone Line Install Time...

Hi,

Im currently about to move property and will be (in 4 days time) in another
year contract with blueyonder, my question is, whats the average lead time
to install a NEW bt phone line ? I understand DSL could be another few
days - week after that, so whats the combined time.

Looking to get out of this 50ukp a month for 2 meg service which is starting
to annoy me a tad.

Many thanks for any replies

Old February 15th 04, 03:23 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Adrian Cantrill" wrote in message
Im currently about to move property and will be (in 4 days time) in

another
year contract with blueyonder, my question is, whats the average lead time
to install a NEW bt phone line ? I understand DSL could be another few
days - week after that, so whats the combined time.

I think it depends where you are in the UK but in my experience you are
normally looking at less than a week for BT to install a brand new line. (4
days was thge last one I had). If their is already a BT line in the property
it can be even sooner.

You are then looking at say another week for ADSL to be activated once you
have ordered it via an ISP.

There are also some ISPs (A&A for instance) taking part in a BT trial to
install brand new BTlines and ADSL at the same time.. - in those cases you
would order the new line via the ISP

Regards
Sunil