Ebuyer Origo ASR-8000 adsl router/modem

Old February 15th 04, 08:48 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gavin Gillespie

Default Ebuyer Origo ASR-8000 adsl router/modem

In the specs for the Ebuyer Origo ASR-8000 adsl router/modem, I think
it gives a minimum spec of a PIII 750 computer.
Has anyone got one running successfully on a lesser spec computer,
because I want to use one with an antique PII 450, is this possible?

Old February 15th 04, 08:55 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Sunil Sood

"Gavin Gillespie" wrote in message
In the specs for the Ebuyer Origo ASR-8000 adsl router/modem, I think
it gives a minimum spec of a PIII 750 computer.
Has anyone got one running successfully on a lesser spec computer,
because I want to use one with an antique PII 450, is this possible?

QuickFind code: 57418 ?

Yes, that will work fine on a PII 450 - PC spec is really irrelevant if
using Ethernet

Regards
Sunil
PS: I am not sure why they have QuickFind code: 48448 - same product just 5
more..

Old February 15th 04, 09:56 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
John Naismith

On Sun, 15 Feb 2004 20:55:24 -0000, "Sunil Sood"
wrote:

Yes, that will work fine on a PII 450 - PC spec is really irrelevant if
using Ethernet

Sunil is quite right - it's simply an ethernet interface. The box you
connect to it can be anything at all provided it understands IP. eg
Mac, RiscOS, OS/2, BeOS, Unix - anything really provided it has a
semi-sane IP stack :-)
--
John Naismith
Old February 15th 04, 10:57 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gavin Gillespie

wrote:

Yes, that will work fine on a PII 450 - PC spec is really

irrelevant if
using Ethernet

Sunil is quite right - it's simply an ethernet interface. The box

you
connect to it can be anything at all provided it understands IP. eg
Mac, RiscOS, OS/2, BeOS, Unix - anything really provided it has a
semi-sane IP stack :-)

Thanks for all the replies, I have an Ethernet card in my machine so
it will be ready for the modem..
I have just ordered the modem at the lower price, in case it is a
special offer, so thanks for that info as well.

Old February 15th 04, 11:40 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Colin Wilson

Yes, that will work fine on a PII 450 - PC spec is really irrelevant if
using Ethernet

Sunil is quite right - it's simply an ethernet interface. The box you
connect to it can be anything at all provided it understands IP. eg
Mac, RiscOS, OS/2, BeOS, Unix - anything really provided it has a
semi-sane IP stack :-)

The odds are it would work even on a lowly Amiga A1200 running at 14Mhz
with a bog-standard PCMCIA network card.

Old February 16th 04, 01:42 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dr Bombcrater

"Colin Wilson" wrote in message
t...

The odds are it would work even on a lowly Amiga A1200 running at 14Mhz
with a bog-standard PCMCIA network card.

My ASR-8400 worked just fine with a 33MHz A1200/040 when I tried it

## Doc

Old February 16th 04, 01:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gavin Gillespie

"Ian Nelson" wrote in message
Both seem to be the same price 30 inc vat?

The price must have changed this morning, the cheaper price was
21.99+vat (25.84) when I ordered last night, looks like I just
ordered in time )

Old February 16th 04, 02:03 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Gareth Jones

In message , Gavin
Gillespie writes
The price must have changed this morning, the cheaper price was
21.99+vat (25.84) when I ordered last night, looks like I just
ordered in time )

I ordered two at about 11.40pm last night :-)

followed by 'uk2' followed by a dot
followed by 'net'