P2P CONNECTION ON BROADBAND

Old February 15th 04, 11:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dicki Dido

Default P2P CONNECTION ON BROADBAND

Does anyone know which broadband providers do not support P2P and newsgroup
access.My friend tells me that Plusnet dont support it on their cheapest Do
Pipex support it?

TIA

Old February 15th 04, 11:38 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Albrow, Sam J

Dicki Dido" wrote in message
Does anyone know which broadband providers do not support P2P and

newsgroup
access.My friend tells me that Plusnet dont support it on their cheapest

Do
Pipex support it?

*on their cheapest connection* meaning they don't support p2p on their 18.99
512k product no - meaning you can't use kazza etc basically.

You can however still get access to the plusnet news servers for text based
usenet access without a problem however, I would add that if you want p2p
simply go for the 21.99 standard product or the 24.99 product if you want
the free activation and modem.

58.75 + 30 say for the modem = 7.39

24.99 - 7.39 is 17.60 - even cheaper and access to all the account features.

Hope that helps a bit.

As far as I know yes pipex support p2p along will all the other isps
including plusnet.

Sam

TIA

---
If you have any queries regarding this email please contact Horshamnet on
08708811293. This email have been certified Virus free using AVG

Old February 16th 04, 08:29 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lurch

58.75 + 30 say for the modem = 7.39

You lost me there.

24.99 - 7.39 is 17.60 - even cheaper and access to all the account features.

Pardon?

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.
Old February 16th 04, 08:40 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dave

"Lurch" wrote in message
58.75 + 30 say for the modem = 7.39

You lost me there.

24.99 - 7.39 is 17.60 - even cheaper and access to all the account

features.

Pardon?

= 7.39 per month. Haven't run it through the calculator but I assume
that's what is meant.

..

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.

Old February 16th 04, 09:27 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Albrow, Sam J

"Dave" wrote in message

"Lurch" wrote in message
58.75 + 30 say for the modem = 7.39

You lost me there.

24.99 - 7.39 is 17.60 - even cheaper and access to all the account

features.

Pardon?

= 7.39 per month. Haven't run it through the calculator but I assume
that's what is meant.

Sorry I didn't, what I meant was that 7.39*12 is effectivly the monthly cost
that is subsidising activation fee and modem cost which you would have to
pay upfront on the 18.99 package. The point I was making was that (if you
needed a modem) it would be cheaper to go for the 24.99 account for the
first year providing all the p2p and I think virus and spam filtering.

I hope that makes some sense, sorry i'd been travelling all day and up far
too early so probably not very coherant.

Sam

..

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.

---

Old February 16th 04, 09:36 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Lurch

On Mon, 16 Feb 2004 09:27:19 -0000, "Albrow, Sam J"
wrote:

"Dave" wrote in message

"Lurch" wrote in message
58.75 + 30 say for the modem = 7.39

You lost me there.

24.99 - 7.39 is 17.60 - even cheaper and access to all the account

features.

Pardon?

= 7.39 per month. Haven't run it through the calculator but I assume
that's what is meant.

Sorry I didn't, what I meant was that 7.39*12 is effectivly the monthly cost
that is subsidising activation fee and modem cost which you would have to
pay upfront on the 18.99 package. The point I was making was that (if you
needed a modem) it would be cheaper to go for the 24.99 account for the
first year providing all the p2p and I think virus and spam filtering.

I hope that makes some sense, sorry i'd been travelling all day and up far
too early so probably not very coherant.

Oh ok, I see what you've done there.

SJW
A.C.S. Ltd.