Slow Download Problem

Old February 18th 04, 10:03 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Humm

Default Slow Download Problem

I try to browse www.lynehamvillage.com from my own computer and not all the
images download, I have to keep refreshing IE6.
If I browse this site from someone elses computer it downloads quite quick.
The ste seems to hang on download?
If I browse any othersite it downloads quick too.
I have 10x asdl broadband WindowsXP Home
any ideas please

Old February 18th 04, 10:23 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Steven Campbell

"Andy Humm" wrote in message
I try to browse www.lynehamvillage.com from my own computer and not all

the
images download, I have to keep refreshing IE6.
If I browse this site from someone elses computer it downloads quite

quick.

I'm on dial-up ( and it downloaded reasonably quick with all the images.
Have you tried clearing all your temp internet files.
(toolsoptionsgeneral)

I done that along with my cookies recently and the speed difference was
quite significant.

Steven.

Old February 18th 04, 10:33 AM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Andy Humm

Hi Steven
Thanks for trying
I have deleted temp internet files and cookies still same
I have even attempted to browse site from 56K dialup modem still same
symtoms
rgds andy

Old February 18th 04, 01:53 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
Dan

Try another browser? Opera has to be my favourite but many people prefere
mozilla or firebird

Dan

Old February 18th 04, 10:27 PM posted to uk.telecom.broadband
anc

Andy Humm wrote:

I try to browse www.lynehamvillage.com from my own computer and not all
the images download, I have to keep refreshing IE6.
If I browse this site from someone elses computer it downloads quite
quick. The ste seems to hang on download?
If I browse any othersite it downloads quick too.
I have 10x asdl broadband WindowsXP Home
any ideas please

Its not the greatest site on the web but it does load on the konqueror
browser. All the images load but certain lines of text are crumpled into
one. Its source code reveals heavy use of Javascript, and depending
on whether you have downloaded MS javascript or are using Sun Microsystems
javascript can make a lot of difference. Your best bet is to contact the web
page designer and ask them what the problem is. Also looks like its been
produced by some automated program here's why:-
Extract from frame source:
pfont face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="-1"The Lyneham a
href="../../forum/default.asp" target="_parent"Village
Forum/a proves very popular and successful, as you can air concerns,
opinions
and ideas which eventually get noticed and possibly resolved. You may be
attempting
to find the person you have long since lost contact with. /font/p
pfont face="Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif" size="-1"

There is no need to use a p tag when br tags wull suffice. Defining,the
font twice in succession is just bad style when these can be defined in the
main body. You can check the site yourself using one of the many html
checkers on the web.